Discuss is £180 a week enough and is it worth paying £1500 for nvq and am2 via JTL in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

how old are you? what financial commitments do you have?, you are being offered a golden opportunity to serve an apprentiship £180 may seem low but the time will fly and if its only beer money then go for it - if however its a forces career you are wanting then no point wasting your (and your employers time) give someone else the chance of the apprentiship.

it was your choice to give up on college and you cant expect to be paid a sparks wage when youre unqualified even if you do know what your doing. But i get the impression you dont know what you want - started college quit joined forces, quit forces started college, quit college rejoin forces

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 21 and yes maybe abit confused as to what route to take to benifit me, as we all know the way things are i dont want to pay £1500 (more financial commitment) only to end up with a jib card and a JSA income if you know what im saying. Also not after a sparks rate but the 3rd yr rate wouldnt go a miss i understand 100% all my own doing leaving when younger etc and believe me im paying the price but just doesnt seem right im doing all the work while this so called spark working with me (doesnt have 17th or nvq, C&G etc) foots my ladder for £80 or so a day!! So really if thats the way an apprenticeship is even for an older trainee you can see why its hard to accept and JUST GET ON WITH IT.

totally agree pal, but i am in financial difficulty already and right now would be better of working at tesco tbh, i understand bigger picture etc but then again if bigger picture is 200+ sparks in a 20mie radius and me and my gold card at back of dole line then..
I dont really know were im expecting this debate to go like but just wanted sparks views etc lol. As my mum always says your going to do what your going to do Regardless!!!!

Reply to is £180 a week enough and is it worth paying £1500 for nvq and am2 via JTL in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock