Discuss Is the training still as good? Just curious in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Kirchoff

Hi, I've not worked in the game for quite a few years but was wondering whether the training is still as comprehensive as it was when I did my training?From memory I did a EITB apprenticeship and the C&G 236? Electrical Installation course (parts 1,2 and 'C' course) Dunno what the 'C' stood for, competent mebbe or clown :)Anyway it was a very good apprenticeship and I was just wondering if they still do such good training? I expect they do in big companies?

IMHO, sadly no.

I too did the 236 pt 1 & 2 & C as part of my apprenticeship but it has since been replaced at least twice by other courses and is due for another change again very soon.

Too many chiefs involved in setting out the training standards nowadays, more emphesis on making a bit of pvc trunking look nice on an 8x4 sheet of MDF and not enough of anything else.

All IMHO.

All the skills have now been removed they don't even teach how to gland MICC now.

Hi, I also went on to do an BTech ONC and BTech HNC but I reckon the C&G course was much better. Also there was loads of cheating on the BTech course because I think from memory 40% of the overall grade was based on quarterly? exams in the classroom. Not in an exam enviroment with invidulators.

I'd have to agree with Lenny.

Part 1, part 2 and C course was so much more structured and defined.

Now with all the variables in the industry it seems to have turned into a mass market with training providers having no real framework they have to abide to.

Reply to Is the training still as good? Just curious in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock