Discuss Is the Youtube generation helping the trade? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BruvDunk

-
Arms
Reaction score
Recently been watching a few Youtube videos/ blogs of sparks filming their day to day stuff. Just wondering about if this is good thing for the trade?

Surely it gives the DIYers some more info on carrying out stuff that should be left to qualified folk..

Any thoughts ?

I wouldn't worry about arming diyers because if youre doing it right and they follow the way you do it properly then it should make them safer than having a go with no knowledge.
Also I think a lot of sparks spend far too much time worrying about things like diyers, so what if they're out there wiring things up, just concentrate on your own life and let the rest of the world worry about theirs.

Personally, I think the likes of Thomas Nagy have been very clever, especially within London as there is such a large section of the population who use youtube, social media etc that if they find him and ask him to quote or hire him ,you can guarantee that a large number will google him. so seeing his videos gives them some reassurance he is not a fly by night chancer.
I know a lot of my customers google me before hiring me or asking me to quote so a good online presence can help.

Personally, I think the likes of Thomas Nagy have been very clever, especially within London as there is such a large section of the population who use youtube, social media etc that if they find him and ask him to quote or hire him ,you can guarantee that a large number will google him. so seeing his videos gives them some reassurance he is not a fly by night chancer.
I know a lot of my customers google me before hiring me or asking me to quote so a good online presence can help.

He seems to be doing well for a droning snooze fest of a channel. He got picked up by some tool companies and now all his vids are him unpacking his free tools.

I like Youtube a lot. It’s informative, entertaining, educational and free if you want it to be.
Don’t take the premium trial for free because when you cancel it after the free month you’ll miss it!
You can download stuff, close the app and it still plays, no ads BUT they wanted 15.99 a month, in my mind money well spent if you are into certain aspects of YouTube.

Not surprised that they google you @Gavin John Hyde probably checking which one out of Jeckyll and Hyde was the mean and murderous one - better safe than sorry!
Sorry by the way! Cheap shot!
Haha... i blame all them dodgy electricians in Bristol giving people poor service and leaving them suspicious of us honest Bathonians.

BTW if you have a recent android phone, you can play youtube in split screen mode, use chrome, select view as desktop site and then you can have youtube as a very small window at the top and do everything else in the window below. saves the monthly fees. an ad blocker is available too.

Reply to Is the Youtube generation helping the trade? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net