Discuss Is there a time limit for upgrading to 18th edition in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm recently retired, but still qualified and pick up some of the smaller jobs others won't do.
When the 18th edition is inflicted on us, how long before I need to pack in completely because I'm not doing any more f#*****ING exams....

I'm recently retired, but still qualified and pick up some of the smaller jobs others won't do.
When the 18th edition is inflicted on us, how long before I need to pack in completely because I'm not doing any more f#*****ING exams....
Well you have only done the one Dave by the looks of your profile

don't bother. if you.like me, are onlydoing smaall jobs to eke out the misessable state pension, bugger it.

ive worked with guys with certificates as long as their arms, they werent much use on a building site though.

just have a brief look at what has been amended for 18th edition, as far as private domestic work its up to the customer what work is carried out and by whom on their property (after initial build is signed off), i wouldnt worry too much if youre mainly jobbing

I suppose not having the qualification is not the issue per say, but just complying with the current regs, whichever that happens to be.

I'll probably have to do the 18th, to keep in with my scheme. In your case Dave, you'll just need to follow the 18th, and jobs a good'en.

So if the grown ups get their way, you'll need to invest in a stock of copper earth rods, stock up on RCD's, even for putting up Mrs Miggans new spot lights, and provide a (witness) statement for departures etc etc.

Here's a tasty for you; 18th Edition Changes | Keep up-to-date - http://www.niceic.com/contractor/essentials/18th-edition

Time to retire? :)

I suppose not having the qualification is not the issue per say, but just complying with the current regs, whichever that happens to be.

I'll probably have to do the 18th, to keep in with my scheme. In your case Dave, you'll just need to follow the 18th, and jobs a good'en.

So if the grown ups get their way, you'll need to invest in a stock of copper earth rods, stock up on RCD's, even for putting up Mrs Miggans new spot lights, and provide a (witness) statement for departures etc etc.

Here's a tasty for you; 18th Edition Changes | Keep up-to-date - http://www.niceic.com/contractor/essentials/18th-edition

Time to retire? :)

I honestly can’t see anything here to justify a new edition of the regs. Surely a 4th amendment would have sufficed?

Still, I suppose much like the Health and Safety mob they have to keep justifying their existence! #Scam!

Reply to Is there a time limit for upgrading to 18th edition in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net