Discuss Is there a tube holder made for LED tubes T8? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm not actually fitting any LED tubes but I like to be prepared!

I cannot find any LED tube holders for a T8 LED tube, they all seem to be for fluorescents so you would have to remove the ballast and also replace the tube holder sockets. Surely there must be an LED holder?

One of the threads mentioned JCC may do one but I cannot find this?

Had some fitted recently by contractors on a new part of the building all looks just like a standard fluorescents with the ballast/started gear removed. the end caps looked the same too (not tried with a standard tube for obvious reasons) the lamp ends are rotatable as the led tubes are directional.
Quite impressed with them too.
Live feeds one end of the tube neutral the other and the other 2 pins are linked together so led driver must be internal.

There won't be a fitting for them as they are a retrofit option.

Why would you want to fit a product which is designed to bodge new tech in to old fittings as part of a new install?

For a new install then use new technology from scratch, get purpose made LED fittings!

I contemplated buying an led 5 foot fitting but didn't see the point. It was twice the price and the led was 40 watt whilst the fluorescent was 58w! Didn't se the benefit of the led.

I was looking at T8 LED tubes online today and noticed this, I think a 5ft gives off 2250 lumens if I remember, is a normal tube about 1800 or m I miles out?

Reply to Is there a tube holder made for LED tubes T8? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views
One of the fluorescent tubes in my undermount lighting system burnt out. There are 3 independent tubes/ballasts under the length of the kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'm encountering a problem with the lighting in my kitchen. I reside in an apartment that has a light fixture utilizing 2 T8 fluorescent bulbs...
Replies
Views
Hello! Hope you’re all keeping well! I’m replacing a fluorescent tube light which had an electronic ballast fitting - I’ve ripped this out and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, So this is probably a quick question. I have some under-cupboard kitchen light tubes that are old and have clearly blown at some point...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock