Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Is there an alternative to Real? in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. tjcelectrical

tjcelectrical Guest

Just wondering guys is there an alternative to Real, Im just a bit fed up with the service or lack of it i.e. not answering emails etc

2. grandfortune

grandfortune Solar Guru

yeah me to last november they chasrged me £260, now they want another £260 this Jan, robbin bastar ddss

3. finchy

finchy Guest

Don't think there is, I think you could but they closed the door to that last year, a local dodgy double glazing lot were using it ! The QUANGO has it tied up .... Don't get me started !!!!

4. TedM

TedM Electrician's Arms

You don't have to use REAL, but MCS rules require that you use an Office of Fair Trading accredited consumer scheme.

But there's only one - REAL. And OFT have closed their scheme to any new business.

A good example of the Office of Fair Trading not acting fairly.

5. SibertSolar

SibertSolar Solar Guru

Business Name:
    Sibert Solar
    How ironic!

6. JulianC

JulianC Electrician's Arms

Report them to the Monopolies Commission :D . And why's there only one Monopolies Commission?

7. TedM

TedM Electrician's Arms

The Monopolies Commission doesn't exist anymore, it's now the Competitions Commission, and the procedure for raising a complaint to them, about market activity, is via the Office of Fair Trading.

8. TedM

TedM Electrician's Arms

Just checked and you can raise a complaint about the OFT itself by emailing their Head of Enquiries and Reporting Centre: [email protected]

Think I might be doing that.

9. SolarRoofSols

SolarRoofSols Regular EF Member

Funny - I have just had a very similar conversation with my Director about 5 mins ago about this very thing. would also like to throw MCS out with the bath water as well as they never pick up their phone!

My email to OFT will be drafted this weekend!