Discuss is there much work out there ??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi there

i recently started advertising in the Local free paper, and distributed over 2500 leaflets
and constructed a website. i had five weekly adverts and to my amazement i recieved
just 2 calls and two actual jobs. Is it really quiet at the moment work wise or is there something else advertising wise i could try ? i am in the lincolnshire area

Look on the internet, and register on all the free listing sites.

yell.com
gumtree
thomson local
freeindex

There are loads of others, probably thousands.

You will have to put up with a few sales calls if you register, but that comes with free listings.

Cheers...........Howard

Sales call are easy to deal with. As soon as you know they are trying to sell you something, hang up. They stop ringing you in the end!

Or if you've got time to waste.... just talk rubbish to them. Eveything they say turn it around to something else then just rabble......
THEY REALLY HATE IT

The aim is to GET THEM TO HANG UP..... They'll remove you from the list if you can get them to bolt!!

hi, i can remember being similarly amazed at the lack of response to very expensive adverts, it will take some time to find out which publication works for you and your area, i suggest advertising in one publication at a time, the one that worked for me was a free monthly advertiser, tinternet adverts gets no response around here,nor my heavily logoed van, my website got minimum hits !, it was a slow uphill slog, but eventually word of mouth and repeat works will get you most of your clients assuming you do a tidy job at a competitive rate, mind you, in todays climate i have less work than i would like,hard times, good luck.

You don't say when you started out but if you are a new start up it could take 2-3 years to build up to a consistent level. This is especially relevent when joe public isn't spending too much money.

Hope this doesn't get you down but its important to keep realistic.

With regards your website, how is your SEO? To get any work through a website you need to have a good website and it needs to be top of Google when someone searches 'electrician manchester' or wherever your area is.

Reply to is there much work out there ??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock