Discuss Is this a TNCS PNB? Large Commercial Site with local 11KV Tx in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Paultrim123321

Hi All

Sorry for the poor photo's, just after some clarification as to the arrangements at source of the supply below. No info from the DNO with little info available in the sub. Photo 2 clearly show a PEN between the neutral and the earthing bar in the section board. I am presuming this to be PNB but would appreciate some advice please gents. For info, the Tx is 11KV with local metering on the LV side adjacent to the LV Section board.

Sub-1.jpgSub-3.jpg

The neutral is linked to earth at either the tx, or in the main panel. Most I've seen are linked in the supply side, in the cable chamber below the ACB.
Although these systems are sometimes called TNC-S, I don't believe that they share any of the characteristics, and I'll stick my neck out here, and u would design bonding as TNS

It’s TN-S standard set up for a MV/LV transformer.
The removable link is purely for “dead” testing. As John said the normal location is on the incoming on the switchgear before the main ACB. Very rarely will the earth link be fitted in the transformer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Tony, this a typical TN-S arrangement made at the LV Main Switchboard. If this is a DNO transformer, for area distribution, then the chances are these days, that the neutral will continue to be grounded at every cable joint along the various cable distribution routes.

By the way, that MV cable termination into the Transformer isn't a good one. I'd almost certainly fail it, if presented to me on my project!! lol!!

I’ve just had a close look at the connections in PhotoShop.

There’s no soldered thimbles on the cores. Those clamps will never hold up under load.
The clamps alone can be used for SolidAl conductors but copper needs a thimble sweated on to stop the conductor being squashed and keep a constant contact area.

I’d condemn it out of hand!

Reply to Is this a TNCS PNB? Large Commercial Site with local 11KV Tx in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock