Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Is this acceptable ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. QSGAZ

QSGAZ Guest

mini-P1020221.JPG
    Whats your views on this? Would you be happy doing this?

2. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

ooooooo you could get a nasty cut from the sharp edges where its been cut.... other than that whats wrong with it?

Only joking and no I wouldn't be happy with it, happens quite a lot tho

3. QSGAZ

QSGAZ Guest

is the anything in the regulations or anything that would back this up as a "not to do"? a sub carried this out on one of my sites and i just dont if it is acceptable or not?

4. Archy Styrigg

Archy Styrigg Electrician's Arms

On an I&T I'd give it a C2.
    There'll be something under safe isolation for that.

5. ColinR132

ColinR132 New EF Member

Oh dear, oh dear...!

6. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

There is something in the regs (not got a copy to hand now) stating something about devices have to be used for the purpose designed for or something along those lines. As above I would C2 i think. If it was the other way round and there were single pole devices used for a 3 phase item that would be a C1 in my book.

7. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

Also I would be concerned as to what it is feeding? I am only assuming that he has used a TP device for a SP circuit, and that the other 2 ways are clear.

8. Archy Styrigg

Archy Styrigg Electrician's Arms

Oh aye, if you're on site, insist it needs changing immediately, virtually free beer money for tonight.

9. Knobhead

Knobhead Guest

As Archie said, isolation is it’s downfall. Get it changed if you can.

10. Paul.M

Paul.M Electrician's Arms

Reg 537.2.2.3 A device for isolation shall be designed..........

The device is not intended to 1 + 2 pole iso.

537.2.2.4 Provision shall be made for securing off-load isolating devices........

Can it be locked off in that condition?

537.2.2.5.......... isolation shall be preferably be provided by a multipole switching device which disconnects all applicable poles.......

Which in this case it doesn't.

Take it out and get a new one in before some numpty turns on a phase whilst someone is working on it.

• Like Like x 3