Discuss Is this acceptable ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

ooooooo you could get a nasty cut from the sharp edges where its been cut.... other than that whats wrong with it?

Only joking and no I wouldn't be happy with it, happens quite a lot tho

is the anything in the regulations or anything that would back this up as a "not to do"? a sub carried this out on one of my sites and i just dont if it is acceptable or not?

There is something in the regs (not got a copy to hand now) stating something about devices have to be used for the purpose designed for or something along those lines. As above I would C2 i think. If it was the other way round and there were single pole devices used for a 3 phase item that would be a C1 in my book.

Also I would be concerned as to what it is feeding? I am only assuming that he has used a TP device for a SP circuit, and that the other 2 ways are clear.

Reg 537.2.2.3 A device for isolation shall be designed..........

The device is not intended to 1 + 2 pole iso.

537.2.2.4 Provision shall be made for securing off-load isolating devices........

Can it be locked off in that condition?

537.2.2.5.......... isolation shall be preferably be provided by a multipole switching device which disconnects all applicable poles.......

Which in this case it doesn't.

Take it out and get a new one in before some numpty turns on a phase whilst someone is working on it.

Reply to Is this acceptable ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, As mentioned, I’ve got what looks like a TNCS system but CPC is coming via an earth rod???? Not tested TNCS system yet to see if earthing...
Replies
Views
Good evening. Currently sorting out my girlfriend’s flat for rent. I’ve found all sorts of bad electrical work. Can anyone advise if this is an...
Replies
Views
I would like to hide the cable to an EV charger. The consumer unit, meter cabinet and charger would all be on the same wall. About 5 metres from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a hobbyist without formal training. I'm looking to power audio/video equipment over several hundred feet of extension cords. I have 2...
Replies
Views
Just wondering what everyone’s view on this is, if you’re mourning cooker or hob switch in cupboard close by. Would you still terminate into an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock