Discuss Is this Fuse Box Legal? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kris55

Hi,

Looking for help with this.
I am renting a house from DB Roberts and I sent the attached image to the landlord (who is an Electrician) and he said it was fine as he had done it.

2012-09-27-040.jpg
But I am not so sure? would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Not so much the consumer unit mate, but the strip of expose connector is the dangerous part.

Get him to sort them now!!!

Other than that is there an association he belongs to, because looking at that he is risking killing people

Thanks for your input, I have reported this to them for a while now but they have refused to do anything about it.

Is there someone we can report it to?

Your not the first to say it, we asked for power showers and the plumber took one look at it and said he wasn't going to touch it.

It's not fine and where do you start when listing the faults???

Extension of the 3 circuits is wrong (should be at the very least inside an adaptable box....i'd crimp/wago rather than chocblok aswell)
No earth sleeving.
Abit unclear as picture is blurred but if one of those circuits is a ringmain (32a mcb feed) then the single 2.5 T&E cable extending it is wrong.
Blank missing in consumer unit
Numerous labels missing
Jubilee clips to extend the main earth?...thats a first for me

no doubt the list will go on when people with sharper eyes have a peek

Diabolical! Also the blank is missing from the middle of consumer unit.

The warning label on the consumer unit should also add, "isolate supply before opening cover and before going anywhere near the strip connectors"!

The top 'connection' on the choc block definately has a two into one set up. So it's either two circuits joined to a single cable, or two legs of a ring into a single cable. Either way it's a bad idea. The two cpc's hanging in mid air are a worry too.

Get an electrician round to have a look. From what I can see on that picture there'd be a danger notice stuck to it without the MFT leaving the van. In fact looking at that you couldn't test much anyway without doing some work to it first!

Blank on CU missing joint should be in a box and a MET should be fitted instead of the 2 jubilee clips also no earth sleeving on some of the cables

It's not fine and where do you start when listing the faults???

Extension of the 3 circuits is wrong (should be at the very least inside an adaptable box....i'd crimp/wago rather than chocblok aswell)
No earth sleeving.
Abit unclear as picture is blurred but if one of those circuits is a ringmain (32a mcb feed) then the single 2.5 T&E cable extending it is wrong.
Blank missing in consumer unit
Numerous labels missing
Jubilee clips to extend the main earth?...thats a first for me

no doubt the list will go on when people with sharper eyes have a peek

That is ring main mate, the first 3 terminals on the chock block, amazing....fire......fire.....fire.....:41:

Reply to Is this Fuse Box Legal? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net