Discuss Is this possible that neighbourhood swap a fuse connected to my apartment in staircase fusebox? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

sew333

-
Reaction score
Hello.Today i get power outage in my home. Outage was something like 7-8 seconds and power back. No breaker trip in HOME fuse box etc,just normal power outage. But today was very windy outside. Maybe it was this related? My question is this possible that neighbourhood swap a fuse connected to my apartment but in staircase fusebox?
I mean swap to weaker fuse etc. Or maybe i am paranoid? Just dont like that neighbourhood he is living above my apartment.
Just dont like that neighbourhood he is living above my apartment.

Hello.Today i get power outage in my home. Outage was something like 7-8 seconds and power back. No breaker trip in HOME fuse box etc,just normal power outage. But today was very windy outside. Maybe it was this related? My question is this possible that neighbourhood swap a fuse connected to my apartment but in staircase fusebox?
I mean swap to weaker fuse etc. Or maybe i am paranoid? Just dont like that neighbourhood he is living above my apartment.
Just dont like that neighbourhood he is living above my apartment.

Or maybe i am paranoid?
Maybe???
;)

It is extremely unlikely that your neighbour has swapped the fuse for your flat with one a weaker one. Your neighbour would struggle to change the fuse in 7-8 seconds, they would also need to have bought a smaller fuse with their own money. It is also unlikely that the fuse board under the stairs even uses fuses. It is more likely that it uses circuit breakers that need a screwdriver to connect and disconnect them, so it is impossible to change them in a few seconds.

It is much more likely that the power cut was caused outside of your building, due to a problem on the supply network. The network (in the UK at least) has some automatic capability to reset itself in the event of problems.

If you are worried about your neighbour, it would be a good idea to make some notes about what is worrying you and make an appointment to see your Doctor. Your Doctor can help you decide if you are being paranoid or not.

What you've probably seen is what we call an auto recloser.

Basically the wind blow a bit of debris onto a power line somewhere causing a short. A circuit break on that line opens and your power goes off.

It then waits a little bit of time then switches the power back on line. If the bit of debris has then fallan off the line the circuit breaker remains shut and you power comes back on.

Reply to Is this possible that neighbourhood swap a fuse connected to my apartment in staircase fusebox? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net