• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Is this the real bible eicr code breaker in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

MG201

-
Reaction score
I have been told this is the bible for inspection and testing , would this be the opinion of guys in the field , it defo seems clear and easy to use and it does allow for standardised coding by all ( if everyone sings from the same page )
Any opinions on this book ?
Has any 1 found any discrepancies within it ?
Has any one used it ?
Will you use it ?

Is this the real bible eicr code breaker A0128720-0915-424D-B38A-479EA5A262F0 - EletriciansForums.net

I have been told this is the bible for inspection and testing , would this be the opinion of guys in the field , it defo seems clear and easy to use and it does allow for standardised coding by all ( if everyone sings from the same page )
Any opinions on this book ?
Has any 1 found any discrepancies within it ?
Has any one used it ?
Will you use it ?

View attachment 45728
How much?

Might of pumped up £ for 18th edition :) it would defo standardise the IT sector if used across the board

You can't standardise coding totally though as each installation is different in terms of environment, use, construction, etc.
All you can do is give examples of commonly encountered situations, as this book is doing, and as the best practice guide does.

what would you regard as error ? is it the wording you disagree with or the content
Lack of a connection between the supply cable and the MET would be a TT earthing system and would not warrant a code.
There is no minimum CSA for tails in BS7671.
The requirement for non-combustible enclosure only applies to the consumer’s installation, so no code if the isolator is the Distributer’s equipment and at most would warrant a code C3 if the isolator is the Consumer’s.

Thermal damage has nothing to do with the requirement to use non-combustible material for the enclosure.

I’ve got the book.
They have also deemed pvc cables concealed in walls a C2 without additional protection via 30mA rcd, mechanical protection etc.
I’ve got the 17th edition version 1 book also given to us in a tool box talk ,where in that version cables concealed in walls etc ,is given what I would say as the industry collective opinion of a C3.
Don’t know if they have changed their minds or it’s a mistake in the publication?

It’s decent but as the inspector the codes are yours to put down and no one else’s in my opinion.
There’s loads of codes in the book I feel are not what I would code.

Reply to Is this the real bible eicr code breaker in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back