Discuss Is this the real bible eicr code breaker in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm blissfully ignorant - do you have the ref please? Also, not sure how can that little piece of wire be considered to be locking the fuse away (?). And I still don't see how it can be a safety issue for the installation I'm reporting on (?). But happy to learn :) .

The Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity
Regulations 2009

Equipment on a consumer’s premises
(2) Every circuit breaker or cut-out fuse forming part of the fusible cut-out mentioned in
paragraph (1)(c) shall be enclosed in a locked or sealed container as appropriate.

The main problem is people believing there can be a definitive answer for everything. Each situation has its own code for a reason, it ultimately comes down to the opinion of the guy/girl on site. This is why, I believe, EICRs should only be completed by experienced electricians

The main problem is people believing there can be a definitive answer for everything. Each situation has its own code for a reason, it ultimately comes down to the opinion of the guy/girl on site. This is why, I believe, EICRs should only be completed by experienced electricians
I do not have this guide but I am sure that gives a reason and conclusion they have which can be used as a reference point.

Mmmm, not the Bible, check Koran, Book of Mormon, Bagvad Gita, etc for comparison.
When I had to renew my CSCS card and had to do the H&S test it was at the NICEIC Nr Dunstable I was looking for the stained glass windows and I'm sure that reception desk could double up as the alter.

only just got my copy today, seems a neat book, but the errors in the coding list is terrible!!! seems quite a few, 2 of which I specifically called technical about the other day, and was given differing answer on code compared to the book!

only just got my copy today, seems a neat book, but the errors in the coding list is terrible!!! seems quite a few, 2 of which I specifically called technical about the other day, and was given differing answer on code compared to the book!
Let me guess, cables concealed in walls without rcd protection, C2 ?
Never a C2

It wasnt that one, thats a c3 all day long...

I enquired about the blue and brown showing at downlights... Bloke said C3 as really it poses no potential danger because its in a floor void.... Book says C2

He also said C2 non fire rated downlights upstairs going into a loft, because a through draft could fan flames! but C3 for rest of house. I enquired about that one because of the "fire compartment" situation and if they are even required at all.... He said yes. Book says yes but differently..

There was also something else i ran by him about bonding that im not sure i agree with... Will start new thread

Last edited:
Have to agree on C3 for cables in walls just another layer of protection for the ill-informed drilling/nailing in a cable zone. Don't forget it is only a guide the person doing the report will have to take a professional judgement.

Reply to Is this the real bible eicr code breaker in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net