Discuss Is this work notifiable? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning....

I usually have a very clear idea over what is notifiable and what is not, but I'm not sure with this one!

If a consumer unit is fed from the main consumer unit, is the change of just the 2nd CU notifiable?

I realise the 'new' part P states 'change of consumer unit' as notifiable, but I have to admit that I had only considered this as the main DB.

Its just that the 2nd consumer unit could perhaps be a small 2 way garage unit or perhaps an 8 way CU feeding an extension or large outbuilding? Thats my dilema, the 2nd CU could be a very simple change or more complicated so is it always notfiable, sometimes notifiable or not notifiable?

Thanks all, had a beer so may stay up for another couple of hours to see any replies.... :smile5:

For example, why would the council want to know that you have a light in a garden now.

But not know that the pub / restaurant next door has 16 new circuits and 4 new distribution boards.
maybe its because the pub with 16 new circuits is not paying cash in hand and the v.a.t is being paid by all parties during the transaction..or maybe I'm just cynical? :)

Reply to Is this work notifiable? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Good day readers, if any,I am an old sparky, a very old sparky. I can remember old Faraday giving us lectures Wednesday evenings at evening...
Replies
Views
I'm in a questions asking mood tonight. I briefely looked at a job today and I need to recommend a board change but need to justify it. Firstly...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Done this loads of times before, but this situation is quite unique so bare with me. I've been asked to cable up an out building at a country...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock