Discuss Islam in the Middle East, 'The Religion of Peace'? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Possibly, although I think you'd find if you asked the average Syrian refugee what he'd prefer, it would be to have his home and his life savings back in one piece, and his children out of danger. What does someone do when, thro7ugh no fault of theirs, and without the slightest prospect they can do anything about, the entire Western world, joined by the Russians on one side and Saudi backed insurgents on the other, use their home for target practice? Write to their MP? Why would anyone risk all they have to put up with a strong chance of being drowned, and if they manage to stay alive, face ridicule and constant barrages of abuse from the people they thought might help them? It's nice to live in a black and white world where everyone who doesn't have anything is a scrounger through choice.
This isn't a black and white world, or country , but it is one where two or more religious factions are not constantly at war with each other and reaping the consequences. Until these people learn to live in peace with each other (which means either accepting other religions or realising they are all a load of nonsense and dropping them altogether) there will never be world peace and they will forever be suffering. It comes back to the theme of the post, Islam is NOT a religion of peace, fairly obviously.

This isn't a black and white world, or country , but it is one where two or more religious factions are not constantly at war with each other and reaping the consequences. Until these people learn to live in peace with each other (which means either accepting other religions or realising they are all a load of nonsense and dropping them altogether) there will never be world peace and they will forever be suffering. It comes back to the theme of the post, Islam is NOT a religion of peace, fairly obviously.

The phrase 'these people' simply allows you to ignore the point I made. The people we're seeing drowned on Mediterranean beaches didn't ask to be there. They have no control, nor have they ever had, over the forces that shape their destiny, forces which include us. They didn't ask the Russians or any of the rest of us to bomb their hospitals and homes. They just pay the price.

Ive noticed that Turkey has been very quick to blame Russia for the hospital attack in Syria, just saying

It comes back to the theme of the post, Islam is NOT a religion of peace, fairly obviously.

This is just a blanket statement. If you want to be picky about it then please tell me a religion that has not killed people because of some god that may or may not exist?

They've killed a fair few communists over the years ......

How about the Moonies ?
Islam in the Middle East, 'The Religion of Peace'? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

They dont look very dangerous to me!

I don't know, but apostasy to a follower of Islam effectively means giving up their faith, such as when they convert to Christianity

So any violence carried out by them could not be deemed to have been carried out by a follower of Islam.
So when a muslim commits apostasy who punishes that person if not another muslim??

Most religious groups have at one time killed people but islam doesnt move with the times,

What... and Christianity has moved with the times??? They are against gays, abortion, marrying another person of another religion.... There are probably many more things as well....

This is just a blanket statement. If you want to be picky about it then please tell me a religion that has not killed people because of some god that may or may not exist?
Damn right it is a blanket statement, that of all religion being blind nonsensical faith in a supposed god that doesn't actually exist. Islam in particular is 400 years behind the rest of the world, apart from being responsible for the current situation in Syria.If all these people who are being displaced by their Islamist "opposites" were suddenly in the majority, it would probably be them that were perpetrating atrocities on their "fellow" Muslims.

What... and Christianity has moved with the times??? They are against gays, abortion, marrying another person of another religion.... There are probably many more things as well....
I can draw a pic of god and no one cares, draw mo and muslims shot you!!
If i did my own drawing of god and uploaded it here it would be fine, but i bet a drawing of mo would be taken down so not to upset the muslims? Its pathetic.

Reply to Islam in the Middle East, 'The Religion of Peace'? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock