Discuss Isolation Certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning All

this might seem like a strange question but we are re-wiring a lot of kitchens where the kitchens will be ripped out the day before we start works, but they would like us to isolate the Kitchen Ring and cooker circuit before its ripped out as some points are surface mounted on the tiles. With this they have asked us to provide some sort of Certification to prove its dead, has anyone heard of this before if so who, What, Where can I get them?

Regards

Morning All

this might seem like a strange question but we are re-wiring a lot of kitchens where the kitchens will be ripped out the day before we start works, but they would like us to isolate the Kitchen Ring and cooker circuit before its ripped out as some points are surface mounted on the tiles. With this they have asked us to provide some sort of Certification to prove its dead, has anyone heard of this before if so who, What, Where can I get them?

Regards
The only thing I can think of is a Permit to Work system for LV circuits, if I recall correctly you need to be an Authorised person to issue one, you could make your own up, not sure if that is recognised though.

I'd make sure you include a sketch t indicate the points that you are confirming are now safe and isolated.
Too easy to find a socket behind something that was tapped off a spur from somewhere else.
They think all is dead and bang. So indicate every point you have tested as dead.
Maybe a sticker on the point as well.
I'd test all are live first. Disconnect and test all are dead (in case an outlet is on a de-powered circuit so shows as dead after your disconnect but is later powered up by accident when another circuit is enabled)

Leave my MCB lock and padlock there. No way. I'll disconnect after the breaker and temp screw the leads into a block to keep them safe. That way nobody can re-energise by mistake.

Reply to Isolation Certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net