Discuss Issue with PIR Lght. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Goody

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Mounted one of this on the wall outside in the garden, couple of feet away from the boiler flu. The trouble is, it comes on in the evenings whenever the boiler spews out. Going back to shift it further away from the flu. Any other suggestions to get around it?

Thanks!
spot.jpg

I don't have any other suggestions than to relocate. They're sensitive to heat variations so any heat source in their viewline will play havoc.

I don't have any other suggestions than to relocate. They're sensitive to heat variations so any heat source in their viewline will play havoc.
It was a like-to-like replacement and I even used the same holes on the wall. I explained to them that these lamps have heat sensitve sensors and the hot flu from the boiler was the culprit. The inmates moved in a month ago and that light never worked since, hence they wouldn't know there was an issue.

Cheers!

If it does not affect the area you are trying to protect a bit of card of the inside of the lens to block out the flue area, and the bonus that it looks like you havent applied from the back of your horse

Had a similar sort of issue. I mounted a light with no PIR and a separate PIR out of the way of the steam from boiler flu. Light still in the correct position, PIR still detects where they want it to, everyones a winner :sifone:

I had this issue on a rewire a few years ago.

Plumber decided the boiler flue was coming out about a foot away from the pir fitting.

they owner was trying to make me move the fitting.

When i explained the error of the plumbers ways, they got him back to out an extension kit on to send it higher.

Reply to Issue with PIR Lght. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net