Discuss items under work tops ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can I just ask how many of you hard wire your appliances under the work tops these days or do you use the plugs ? I hard wire everything just for the fact with the 13A dp above the counter there is no need of the plug below and you don't want to have to pull the items out just to change a fuse of it blows.

no, but when the service engineer comes and can't unplug the appliance. that's when you get problems. the best way is a D/P switch ( unfused) above worktop, and a 13A BS1363 socket below. everybody happy somokin' dope, listening to bob marley. chill.

use whatever complies and is to the requirements....after consultaion with the client/person ordering the work of course....
some people just don`t like loads of FCUs at worktop height
its a case of ..whats considered accessable....n all.....dont forget that some appliances..fridges for example will not push back into place properly if theres a BS1363 plugtop behind em....
and we wouldn`t want to be tarred with the same brush as the kitchen fitters whould we...that think its acceptable to mount a cooker switch...behind the cooker...as i`v come across numerous times....

Reply to items under work tops ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
I have pulled out an old evaporative system I purchased many years ago from storage to have a look at it and see if I can get it running. Was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock