Discuss Its quiet in here! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I just popped out of the 3000 club down the street and into the 5000-club and found its still boarded up :innocent:... TAXI!!!

yeah it is like world war 3 at the moment in here, just like a war zone, every newcomer or Electrical Trainee is complaining we are picking on them lol, why they do not use the DIY forum is a mystery.

Tin hat,respirator and tank he goes,MDJ as a Electrical Trainee I don't consider myself to be a DIYER but I also don't consider myself as experienced as a fully qualified spark, therefore you will not find me dabbling in work outside of my experience zone unless supervised by an appropriate tradesman. Let's face it Electrical Trainee came about because a reputed sparkies work killed somebody, so therefore should the trade not be looking inward to weed out the bad workers and workmanship no matter what their qualifications. Discuss!

You are correct archy but it was brought in because somebody cocked up so therefore there is good and bad on both sides of the trade. I see nothing wrong with a Electrical Trainee asking for advice on the forum if they don't know something, better to seek advice from a mentor than kill someone in my opinion

How the hell did my thread which was indirectly expressing my 5000 post achievement get on to the subject of Electrical Trainee ... i feel EFraped... :biker:

How the hell did my thread which was indirectly expressing my 5000 post achievement get on to the subject of Electrical Trainee ... i feel EFraped... :biker:

Because the Electrical Trainee is the root of all that is bad?

....... Discuss!

domestic installer with a few weeks training does not = fully qualified spark.

and its probably for the best that any Electrical Trainee should spend at least 6 months working under the supervision of someone higher up the food chain before being let loose on the general public , 90% dont.
which explains why this forum is chock full of amateur-esque questions.

theres plenty more "discuss" where that came from.
;-)

You are correct archy but it was brought in because somebody cocked up so therefore there is good and bad on both sides of the trade. I see nothing wrong with a Electrical Trainee asking for advice on the forum if they don't know something, better to seek advice from a mentor than kill someone in my opinion

Agreed!!

I see no problem with people asking a question about something that they are unsure of - I do this myself - it's how we learn and long may it continue.

What I do have an issue with is folk who don't know how to ask a question and fail to tell the full story / not give all the information that they have, yet still expect to get the right answer then have a hissy when the answer is not what the think they want.

It's a case of if you put garbage into the "machine" then you'll get garbage out of it.

Don't blame me for derailing this one ..... It was already off the track and halfway down the embankment long before I arrived on the scene!

Tin hat,respirator and tank he goes,MDJ as a Electrical Trainee I don't consider myself to be a DIYER but I also don't consider myself as experienced as a fully qualified spark, therefore you will not find me dabbling in work outside of my experience zone unless supervised by an appropriate tradesman. Let's face it Electrical Trainee came about because a reputed sparkies work killed somebody, so therefore should the trade not be looking inward to weed out the bad workers and workmanship no matter what their qualifications. Discuss!

think you'll find that the botched cable installed outside of safe zones was done by builder. now we let them loose with defined scope. crazy.

After training for 5 years under a mentor and then 2 years as a spark under supervision before being let loose on the public as an approved electrician I can confirm it is impossible to carry out electrical installation work correctly in 5 weeks. Discuss?

Point taken MJD that's why the good Electrical Trainee (there are some) learn prior to and after the 5 weeks at the training providers and don't take on something like full rewires straight out of the course! Any way that livened things up for you darkwood and congrats on your5000 club

Congrats on your 5000 DW. I see the thread is heading South already, glad I got my post in before the grammar police arrive.

Reply to Its quiet in here! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net