Discuss ive just had a fish supper in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elsparko

you guys would be jealous, not the usual fish supper with about 5mm of uncooked batter,

crispy batter, tasty haddock, lots of chips nom nom nom

you would never guess looking at a haddock with all its skin and innards that it is delicious when cooked, glad someone figured it out

You need to stop going to that chippy. They're doing it wrong.
yeah, and all the staff are heffers ,

the ashvale chipper is also restaurant so standards are definitely higher where i went tonight, can also have plaice , skate and a bunch of other fishies

do you englanders get haddock or is it the cod?

I always rated pollack as an equal,and they are not much cheaper,now. Dogfish is good,wrasse splendid in fish tikka and there is nothing better than a meal from freshly guddled eel and trout ;)

I always rated pollack as an equal,and they are not much cheaper,now. Dogfish is good,wrasse splendid in fish tikka and there is nothing better than a meal from freshly guddled eel and trout ;)
my mate in london goes on about eels and mash, cant think of two worse things to combine

ive only recently just starting eating fish, so haddock and a bit of skate is all ive ever had , didnt enjoy the little bones though

my mate in london goes on about eels and mash, cant think of two worse things to combine

ive only recently just starting eating fish, so haddock and a bit of skate is all ive ever had , didnt enjoy the little bones though

Skate and Ray is a bit different,as it is not best fresh...
It has ammonia in it,which dissipates during a day or two in the fridge,and you do NOT want to know,what sailors of old,used to do to them:eek:

I am not too impressed with the jellied eel job,but i respect it's cultural heritage...much prefer mine,gently fried with a small amount of bacon (no fat in eel) Excellent! no cholesterol,high in protein and minerals,etc...also,has the most fascinating life journey,of any animal :)

i wanna throw up... i hate fish. i even cross the road rather than walk past a fishmongers.

Why is it called a 'fish supper' even if you eat it midday? That always confuses me whenever I work 'up norf'. Here in the civilised world (Wales) we just have 'fish and chips'.

Also why do they call a Yorkshire pudding a pudding? Same goes for black pudding. Puddings are not main meals, they're desserts.

Haggis supper, and 2l bottle of irn bru for me please.

You mean you've never had a Yorkshire with cream and jam ?

To further add to your confusion Yorkshires should be served like my Nana and my Mam used to serve them, as a starter before a roast, with onion gravy. The beef for the roast should also have a cold dressing of thinly sliced onion and cucumber, pickled that morning.

To further add to your confusion Yorkshires should be served like my Nana and my Mam used to serve them, as a starter before a roast, with onion gravy.
I work with a guy from Yorkshire. He has gravy with everything. Even uses it as an aftershave.

Reply to ive just had a fish supper in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net