Discuss ive just had a fish supper in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

On bbq,Dad used to sous it,water & vinegar in a casserole dish,put in a oven.beautiful,you can eat the bones,just like salmon in a tin.
Our favourite is stuffed with finely chopped ginger and spring onion, then wrapped in tin foil and left to cook in its own oils. Wonderful stuff.

Sounds like things in the UK have changed since I lived there in the 70's and 80's. It was cod, cod or cod in the chippy back then, none of the other fish mentioned above.

It's hake at the chippies here but my family mostly eat tuna which I go out and catch but it's cheap and abundant to buy in the shops during season.

Sounds like things in the UK have changed since I lived there in the 70's and 80's. It was cod, cod or cod in the chippy back then, none of the other fish mentioned above.

It's hake at the chippies here but my family mostly eat tuna which I go out and catch but it's cheap and abundant to buy in the shops during season.
Haddock is a nicer fish then cod,

I prefer Lobster at the Big Easy on the Kings Road, mmmmmmm or Surf and Turf or mixed with half a rack of ribs,

IMG_0703.JPG

southern wussy food. give me a 20 oz. T-bone steak with egg, mushrooms, peas, and a load of chips every time.

Looks good SWD. We get crayfish just off the beach up the road all summer. It's something we look forward to out of the fishing season but a few weeks into summer we're giving it away left right and centre because we've eaten so much of it.

Looks good SWD. We get crayfish just off the beach up the road all summer. It's something we look forward to out of the fishing season but a few weeks into summer we're giving it away left right and centre because we've eaten so much of it.
Mate said in SA the prawns are massive and very tasty on the BBQ

Crayfish are local, they're exactly like a lobster but without the nasty claw. Most of the prawns we get are from neighbouring Mozambique although there are some deep sea prawns from off the coast near Durban.

In johannesburg they have a very different breed of prawn known as a Parktown Prawn. They're not much of a delicacy however....

Crayfish are local, they're exactly like a lobster but without the nasty claw. Most of the prawns we get are from neighbouring Mozambique although there are some deep sea prawns from off the coast near Durban.

In johannesburg they have a very different breed of prawn known as a Parktown Prawn. They're not much of a delicacy however....
just noticed youre in south africa, things not getting a bit sketchy there now?

although the houses my south african friends showed me and how much they paid for them does make me wonder why people here pay a quarter of a million for a 2 bed flat

just noticed youre in south africa, things not getting a bit sketchy there now?

although the houses my south african friends showed me and how much they paid for them does make me wonder why people here pay a quarter of a million for a 2 bed flat
People pay half a million for a 2 bedroom flat around here but that Rands, not pounds.

SA gets a lot of bad press, TBH I feel a lot safer here than I do when I visit the UK.

People pay half a million for a 2 bedroom flat around here but that Rands, not pounds.

SA gets a lot of bad press, TBH I feel a lot safer here than I do when I visit the UK.
arent the ANC leaders openly dancing with machine guns talking about killing the boer?

if we can find a way to export your weather and house prices to scotland id be very appreciative

for a long time i wanted to join the anti poaching units in africa, seems like a good job with good people, i think it was only open to native south africans though

Tha anc have been openly dancing around with machine guns since the 1940's and the racial issues and killing of farmers is very real but where I am it's only something we get to read about in the news, same as you do.

Can't help you with the weather but I would have thought housing was already cheap in the more rural areas like Wales and Scotland.....

Tha anc have been openly dancing around with machine guns since the 1940's and the racial issues and killing of farmers is very real but where I am it's only something we get to read about in the news, same as you do.

Can't help you with the weather but I would have thought housing was already cheap in the more rural areas like Wales and Scotland.....
rural areas yes, i live in the oil capital though so that puts the price up quite a bit, my friend, nicknamed "african" for obvious reasons went back to africa and spent very little sterling pounds on an amazing house with a big garden and pool, the figure i have in my head is £8grand but i could be wrong about that, it was low enough to make me consider moving there regardless of the political climate lol

is the wildlife particularly wild? compared to scotland it will be, worst we get here is a badger, they will try and fight though

is the wildlife particularly wild? compared to scotland it will be, worst we get here is a badger, they will try and fight though

in scotland, for fighting, a badger's nothing compared to a pi$$ed up jock at closing time. :D:D:D.

in scotland, for fighting, a badger's nothing compared to a pi$$ed up jock at closing time. :D:D:D.
ive run over a dead badger in the road expecting to go right through it, was like hitting a speedbump, badgers do not skip chest day it seems

Reply to ive just had a fish supper in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net