Discuss I've lost the job, Dodgy electrician gets it in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I had a call from a commercial landlord about 6 weeks ago who rents out a unit. There's a mechanics garage, hairdressers and hand car wash there.

He wanted the existing supply split up so every business had their own meter. So I told him as I'm very busy it would be a month or so before I could look at it and gave him a rough date this week.

Anyway I turned up today to have a look and it's already been done. I noticed this straight away.

Annoyed that he didn't have the courtesy to tell me and shocked at the work that has been done.

This is just a bit of it. :mad:

20180510_125813.jpg
20180510_130008.jpg

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how much the "electrician" charged for that work and did the landlord only care about the amount on the bill? with no thoughts about safety or work quality... afterall the landlord clearly thinks in £ signs as he wants to be able to bill each unit the right amount... you get what you pay for

Could the OP go back and remove the black tape ?

We ALL want to know what horrors are concealed beneath!

I would like to but I think I have fallen out with the eastern europeans at the car wash by calling their electrician friend an incompetent idiot.

Oh yes I forgot to mention their electrician turned up 5 mins after I started criticizing his work.

Can you see his tails going into the wall. they enter the rear of a meterbox the other side.

He has run a 16mm2 4core swa from this meterbox into a schneider 3ph DB at the other end in an office.

The swa was taken from the meterbox, through the cavity and out through a hole smashed in the external wall, then cable tied to a redundant 4mm2 swa cable for half it's run then just lay on the ground the other half.

Last edited:

Reply to I've lost the job, Dodgy electrician gets it in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net