Discuss James Dewane - Marketing for electricians in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

You can download a "copy" of some of the stuff if you search hard enough.
The bottom line is it's designed to make James Dewane money by selling you the dream "marketing kit and area".
That's it! It might help, might not?

His opening paragraph made me chuckle £100k turnover (not profit!) which tbh is not impressive, especially when he says he has people working for him.
He seemed to think that made him a big player and gave him the authority to sell his idea of success to others.
You don't have to be a big player or even medium player to turn over £100k. We replaced (over a year) 250 storage heaters in a block of flats the storage heaters equalled nearly £100k.

Been a member of James Dewane marketing group for a few years. What he does works if you are prepared to put the time in to it. Email him or message on Facebook he may send you out a copy of his book.

Hi All,

Just came across James Dewane youtube channel - Marketing for electricians
Marketing For Electricians - https://www.youtube.com/user/marketingforsparks

Have any of you seen these videos?
If so do the techniques he mentions work?

I was thinking more along the line for domestic work, letting/estate agents etc

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your interest, if you PM me or email me I will give you access to the Members private Facebook Group, you can speak to some of the more than 140 people using the system and ask them if it works.

I will also happily send you a copy of my book "The S.P.A.R.K.S Blueprint to Marketing"

Cheers,
James

You can download a "copy" of some of the stuff if you search hard enough.
The bottom line is it's designed to make James Dewane money by selling you the dream "marketing kit and area".
That's it! It might help, might not?

His opening paragraph made me chuckle £100k turnover (not profit!) which tbh is not impressive, especially when he says he has people working for him.
He seemed to think that made him a big player and gave him the authority to sell his idea of success to others.
You don't have to be a big player or even medium player to turn over £100k. We replaced (over a year) 250 storage heaters in a block of flats the storage heaters equalled nearly £100k.

Hi RJW,
The business is designed to make me money in the same way that fitting Storage Heaters is designed to make you money - Fair exchange of Value.

I do not SELL A DREAM - I teach a simple Marketing System, that involves work, but avoids the need to depend on - Main Contractors, Lead Generating Sites, Agencies etc.

When used correctly the system allows YOU to generate your own leads and work, the positioning prevents you from having to compete on price all the time, which also means you are not working all hours. It is based on LOCAL marketing at Low or No Cost.

There are enough Electricians out there using the system and getting results, ask in any of the Facebook Groups.

I also don't sell a Kit or an Area, I will only take one person per Post Code into the training, in order to limit competition using the same techniques, just thought I would clear that up.

Not sure where you are getting this "His opening paragraph made me chuckle £100k turnover " but never the less there are Electricians out there that are earning less than £16K a Year Self-employed the majority hardly scrape £35K -

I do not claim to have all the answers or be the solution to every woe, but what I have works (if you put the work in), and I am more than happy to discuss it with you over a coffee at any time.

Cheers
James

Whilst I'm not a member of James' scheme, I did download and read some of "The SPARKS Blueprint to Marketing".

I use local print advertising, small business directories. Since the very beginning I had an ad I was running but whilst it was generating some business, it wasn't huge.

Using the advice in the book, I crafted a new ad as a trial. Now I can't say for certain because I'm seeing an increase in word of mouth referrals, but the new ad does seem to have had quite a positive impact on the number of calls I get.

Other sections offer some useful advice too. For some people some of it is common sense, but for others it could be invaluable advice.

Chapter 7 (The relationship accelerator) for example is good advice, particularly if you're not naturally a people person (and I know the approach works because it's the same techniques I've used my entire adult life when building teams, schmoozing customers selling them a new product idea and such like).

So I can't comment on the full scheme, but I think for people who are just starting out on their own who may not have much business experience, the advice James makes freely available is a good worthwhile read.

Blimey! "Hot Russian chicks with big attributes" they're popping out all over the place.
Anyway I'm going to watch Jame's videos as I do just about zero marketing and it won't go wrong.

Beware, once you get on his database, you are entitled to heaps of unwanted emails ....... And it's almost impossible to unsubscribe

Beware, once you get on his database, you are entitled to heaps of unwanted emails ....... And it's almost impossible to unsubscribe

Not strictly true Murdoch, I use a third party email service which I grant in the early days was not very reliable, having changed provider I am certain that the service is now as it should be... Each email sent has an unsubscribe button that removes the receiver if they so wish... HOWEVER if they then download some more FREE Stuff they are resubscribed

Cheers
James

Whilst I'm not a member of James' scheme, I did download and read some of "The SPARKS Blueprint to Marketing".

I use local print advertising, small business directories. Since the very beginning I had an ad I was running but whilst it was generating some business, it wasn't huge.

Using the advice in the book, I crafted a new ad as a trial. Now I can't say for certain because I'm seeing an increase in word of mouth referrals, but the new ad does seem to have had quite a positive impact on the number of calls I get.

Other sections offer some useful advice too. For some people some of it is common sense, but for others it could be invaluable advice.

Chapter 7 (The relationship accelerator) for example is good advice, particularly if you're not naturally a people person (and I know the approach works because it's the same techniques I've used my entire adult life when building teams, schmoozing customers selling them a new product idea and such like).

So I can't comment on the full scheme, but I think for people who are just starting out on their own who may not have much business experience, the advice James makes freely available is a good worthwhile read.

Thank you SparkyChick...
I will be the first to say that what I offer is not for everyone, but for a few it can and has been life altering.

Cheers,
James

Not strictly true Murdoch, I use a third party email service which I grant in the early days was not very reliable, having changed provider I am certain that the service is now as it should be... Each email sent has an unsubscribe button that removes the receiver if they so wish... HOWEVER if they then download some more FREE Stuff they are resubscribed

Cheers
James

Speaking from personal experience my statement is VERY true .....

Okay. Ill give you a chance. I downloaded your book. If i now get loads of spam or calls. Junk mail etc. I will report you for harrassment.. Im like that. when the bnp started sending me racist crap in post. I sent it back with a few bricks in the box and sent it to their freepost address so they had to pay for it :)

Okay. Ill give you a chance. I downloaded your book. If i now get loads of spam or calls. Junk mail etc. I will report you for harrassment.. Im like that. when the bnp started sending me racist crap in post. I sent it back with a few bricks in the box and sent it to their freepost address so they had to pay for it :)

Well done Gavin... Remember by downloading you have entered an automated system, I only send out emails relating to events I am running Live and online and offers from time to time .... Don't want them simply use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.

Members may notice some posts have been deleted, the forum has strict rules on advertising and self promotion of services and/or products as we have to look after the interests of the forum sponsors who pay for such privileges.
PM me if you have any issues with deleted content.

Cheers
James

UPDATE: I've just had an unsolicited email from this source ..... despite written assurances I was no longer on his email listing when I previously complained.

So I can only assume his system is constantly "harvesting" email information from our websites and adding them back

VERY UNIMPRESSED.

This was sent to you privately, but as you are posting here...

Hi Clive, (Murdoch)

Sorry for any inconvenience, I use a third party email provider (YMLP) to send promotional emails, they assure me that unsubscribes will not be mailed.

The say that there are only a few ways that this can happen following an unsubscribe…

1. The person does not actually unsubscribe
  2. The person re-subscribes (visiting one of my websites)
  3. The Person is subscribed using multiple emails

I would really like to get to the bottom of this, because it is not in my interest to ---- people off, so if you could, will you please send me a copy of the email you were sent when you unsubscribed. (the system always sends out a final email telling you that you have unsubscribed).

On the unsubscribe page there are two buttons …

1. Unsubscribe
  2. Save

If by chance you press the save button you remain subscribed and continue to receive mail.

I genuinely am sorry but you help in getting to the bottom of this would be appreciated, if the system is at fault I would like to correct it.

Regards,

Reply to James Dewane - Marketing for electricians in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net