Discuss James Dewane - Marketing for electricians in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

The say that there are only a few ways that this can happen following an unsubscribe…
  1. The person does not actually unsubscribe
  2. The person re-subscribes (visiting one of my websites)
  3. The Person is subscribed using multiple emails
Hi James,
Regarding point 2: How does this work? Are you saying that if anyone visits one of your websites they will get 'promotional emails'??

Regarding point 2: How does this work? Are you saying that if anyone visits one of your websites they will get 'promotional emails'??

I think what he means is, someone visits his websites and downloads some of his free content as you have to provide your email address.

Hi "Spoon"
If they visit the site and download any of my assets " Free Book,Video, Help Sheets etc" then yes they are added to a mailing list as shown interest.

The say that there are only a few ways that this can happen following an unsubscribe…

1. The person does not actually unsubscribe
  2. The person re-subscribes (visiting one of my websites)
  3. The Person is subscribed using multiple emails

On the unsubscribe page there are two buttons …

1. Unsubscribe
  2. Save
1. I unsusscribed 3 times in 2014
2. I have NEVER visited any of your websites
3. See 1 & 2 above

So

1. Yes - I have AGAIN

Therefore somebody MUST have harvested my details from somewhere again.

So as I believe its against the law to ignore my requests and ignoring them will only harm your business.

Looks like you might have to look into your emails James. Spamming people with emails is never a good thing and doesn't do your reputation any good... unless you want negative comments whenever someone mentions your name.

Looks like you might have to look into your emails James. Spamming people with emails is never a good thing and doesn't do your reputation any good... unless you want negative comments whenever someone mentions your name.

I agree and if I was intending to be Spammy I wouldn't be defending it here, you pay for a service and trust they get it right...

I agree and if I was intending to be Spammy I wouldn't be defending it here, you pay for a service and trust they get it right...

Hi mate. Spam emails are a pet hate of mine. Anyone who does it I will slate them whenever I can.
I hope your new mail server has got it right.

Hi James,
I have not accessed any of your assets and am very sceptical of business people selling there experience.
I'm pretty good at the whole business thing myself as are a lot of sparks on this site, so I don't need to access this information that is basically common sense stuff.

However I do think your responses on this forum have been very good. I cannot help but start to warm to you even though I didn't want to.

You are a business man who is running a business just like me. And some people do need to have common sense information provided.

It's a free country. If people want to access your stuff or pay for guidance that's there choice.

Peter

Hi James,
I have not accessed any of your assets and am very sceptical of business people selling there experience.
I'm pretty good at the whole business thing myself as are a lot of sparks on this site, so I don't need to access this information that is basically common sense stuff.

However I do think your responses on this forum have been very good. I cannot help but start to warm to you even though I didn't want to.

You are a business man who is running a business just like me. And some people do need to have common sense information provided.

It's a free country. If people want to access your stuff or pay for guidance that's there choice.

Peter

Thanks Peter

I don't mind the spam emails so much that I can delete in seconds without even opening them up, it's the unsolicited calls on my mobile that irritates me. Why do they usually start by saying "I'm not selling anything," when they are doing exactly that.

I suppose it must work on some people or they wouldn't bother calling.

There is. What phone do you use?

The fact that someone claims a high turnover doesn't necessarily mean they are successful or that their business model will work for everyone. The specifics of your example highlight that turnover alone doesn't necessarily indicate profitability, as the costs associated with a business must be considered.

The fact that someone claims a high turnover doesn't necessarily mean they are successful or that their business model will work for everyone. The specifics of your example highlight that turnover alone doesn't necessarily indicate profitability, as the costs associated with a business must be considered.

Worth bearing in mind this thread is over 5 years old.

Welcome to the forum though.

Reply to James Dewane - Marketing for electricians in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net