Discuss JCC Hybrid9 Downlight in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cheers Murdoch.
It seems it has a couple of features; In response to a flaw with the other JCC fittings, they can be disconnected for testing, you can remove the bezel for decoration and the light source can be replaced by the end user when it reaches the end of its warrantied life (perhaps they are getting lots of claims!).

The only thing I would be pessimistic about is the whole concept of these fittings. They are solving problems that don't exist or are already solved.

Having had to replace some JCC fittings that have gone faulty, under two years old, I suspect the owners are starting to wonder if their extended 10 year warranty is viable? 'So let's make a fitting, where we can replace just the lamp'. Like reinventing the wheel :rolleyes:

Having had to replace some JCC fittings that have gone faulty, under two years old, I suspect the owners are starting to wonder if their extended 10 year warranty is viable? 'So let's make a fitting, where we can replace just the lamp'. Like reinventing the wheel :rolleyes:

Crikey, 2 years is not good, not with a quoted life of 50,0000 hours. I thought JCC were a quality product. I have also seen a job where JCC sealed fittings were gone, about 30% of them. No idea of the age but they were sealed units.

So not look at the quality and performance of the LEDs, make them more easily replacable..... doh!

I tend to solely use JCC, but I suspect other makes are just the same. The faulty ones are replaced FOC, so no problems for my business, but it's still a bit embarrassing when you sell the virtues of the product. I now ensure the customer completes the extended warranty application, think Murdoch does it for them?

Oops - forgot to update this thread.

Yup & I took a look at the Hybrid models - which I will swap to on new projects BUT they don't offer the tilt models as yet so that will rule some projects out.

On the whole I think its a step forward as the lamp change can be done without removing the fitting from the ceiling.

Re the failures - my main wholesaler says its products with serial numbers ending in 14 that are the most unreliable - which is a pain as I have 23 of these in our place!

Oops - forgot to update this thread.

Yup & I took a look at the Hybrid models - which I will swap to on new projects BUT they don't offer the tilt models as yet so that will rule some projects out.

On the whole I think its a step forward as the lamp change can be done without removing the fitting from the ceiling.

Re the failures - my main wholesaler says its products with serial numbers ending in 14 that are the most unreliable - which is a pain as I have 23 of these in our place!
Cheers Murdoch. My last failures were units ending 14. Must of been a bad year!

Just gone to order some FGLED 10's from my wholesaler. Was advised by them that they are having lots of returns of faulty FGLED 6's. The guy was also saying, a customer had taken delivery of some of the new Hybrid 7 before Xmas, and wanted a couple more. However, when he went to place an order, the product was in 'quarantine' and he wasn't able to place the order. Apparently the 10 was least problematic.

I ordered some 10's 'cos it fits with the customers desire to have less lights for the same light level, but I may have to review my default manufacture. Had a few failures of the 6's, but not many.

Anyone else had any great failure rate?

Reply to JCC Hybrid9 Downlight in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net