Discuss Jeremy Vine BBC radio 2 on part P in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think the builder guy made the point a few times that getting a qualified electrician in was the best course of action. That was nice to hear.

However.....I would have expected more electricians phoning in explaining in more detail or highlighting the dangers

Caught the bits where someone text in to slag off 90% of electricians as incompetent and saying that people should do it all themselves and the bloke who rang in to say his kids decided to make a water slide upstairs and now his pendant below didn't work, as with other posters was left a little unimpressed with the technical accuracy and safety advice given in response to the various participants.

I'm so pleased to see this thread here. I was listening to the JV show yesterday and was appalled at the poor level of advice given by the "expert". The lack of understanding - confusing MCBs and RCDs and the consequences of an earth fault - not knowing which areas of the house were "Special Locations" and Part P notifiable (as in a kitchen is not!). It was shocking ;) for a national radio show, the BBC should be ashamed, I expect far better. At least Terry Walton is a genuine gardener - it's so funny to hear him "camp it up" with the exaggerated "sounds of gardening" to the clueless JV and those who think "carrots come from Tesco's" [sic].

Last edited by a moderator:
It is difficult to sometimes express your views even though in your head all the information is swimming around and I am not sure how I would have commented with the time restrictions and Jeremy Vines need to sensationalise to keep the listener interested. Correct responses could not have been given in the time slot for the topic but this doesn't change the fact that the "expert" was misleading through his own ignorance.

I am not a professional electrician; I only joined the forum to get some advice about wiring a cooker before getting someone in, but I could not believe my ears listening to the "expert" on JV.

With the wallpaper woman, he waffled on about mcb's and how to cut the wallpaper, when all he needed to say was to turn the power off before you even unscrew the front plate. I guess it's not easy to do these things live and JV doesn't help by being entirely clueless about anything practical and not listening to the answers.

There is a danger of over egging the pudding and insisting that everyone should call in a qualified electrician to unplug an appliance. The message should be clear that you don't mess with live wires.

He actually won a competition on Loraine Kelly to become a TV presenter.....No word of a lie, google it :eek:

Seems like he was a bit of a dirty ****** as well, and dropped from a BBC in 2013. In his defence, he did sort challenge the bloke who fitted his own shower, but I turned off then as it was getting a bit irritating. Why do they always employ baldhead blokes for 'Cowboy Builders', he looks like Dominic Littlewoods brother. :)

I've started to find the Jeremy Vine show a bit annoying of late. All the stories seemed to be tilted to one side, never let the truth get in the way of a good story, I suppose. Vine says some really dumb things. Even Ken Bruce takes the pee out of him.

Edit; not that there's anything wrong with bald-headed blokes :oops:

Last edited:
I can't find anywhere where it says this Clive bloke has any qualification in anything other he seems to have passed inappropriate behaviour against women with flying colours! You would imagine with all the money you lot pay for your TV licences you would expect they could at least pay for a qualified spark for advise ! As for me I don't pay for a TV licence so I'm not entitles to comment ! The last time they visited my door and asked for a TV license I showed them one from the year before and told them as long as they repeat the programs I will repeat my licence that was about 4 years ago and I'm still loving the only fools and horses reruns !

Reply to Jeremy Vine BBC radio 2 on part P in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock