Discuss JIB & alternatives in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tacamo

Hi,

I posted a question a few days ago about problems in getting a JIB card .. I've got all the quals including NVQ 3 and a completed apprenticeship - but my employer won't give me a reference and JIB won't issue a card without the reference - I have confirmed this with JIB !!

My next question is .. does anyone know of a worthwhile alternative to a JIB card ?

Thanks.

Hi,

I posted a question a few days ago about problems in getting a JIB card .. I've got all the quals including NVQ 3 and a completed apprenticeship - but my employer won't give me a reference and JIB won't issue a card without the reference - I have confirmed this with JIB !!

My next question is .. does anyone know of a worthwhile alternative to a JIB card ?

Thanks.

There is no worthwhile alternative, on large jobs and when applying to decent companies, that is the first item that is requested.

Why on earth will your employer not give you a reference? Is it a pay thing?

If so, tell him you'll forget the pay increase in return for the reference!

Once you have the card, the world will be a bit closer to being your oyster (just a bit in the current climate).

Are you a Union member? If so, I would bring this up with them. Really he has no right to withhold a reference in order to prevent having to pay you an Electricians' wage.

i must admit i wasnt going to bother with a bona-fide reference as i thought completed apprenticeship nvq level 3 and 17th would be suffice

Glad i did now

To be fair i had the card within 6 days.

Do you not have another employer you could ask ?

Reply to JIB & alternatives in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net