Discuss JIB CARD - how do I get one? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikex79

hello
does anybody know how to get a JIB card. I have finished my 2330 level 2 and 3 , 17th edition IEE, Part P, I have CSCS site operative card and I have recently passed my ECS health and safety exam which is essential for a JIB card. the thing is that I have no experience as an electrician in a propper company and I have always warked as a general builder but always when there was an electrical work to do I used to do that or helped an electrician so I cannot really prove my experience.
Does anybody know how to start with it, shall I apply for a labour card first? I downloaded an application form but it is not very obvious for me where to start but I want one of this cards as I may get a job having one.
please advice

and currently I am unemployed :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
hello
does anybody know how to get a JIB card. I have finished my 2330 level 2 and 3 , 17th edition IEE, Part P, I have CSCS site operative card and I have recently passed my ECS health and safety exam which is essential for a JIB card. the thing is that I have no experience as an electrician in a propper company and I have always warked as a general builder but always when there was an electrical work to do I used to do that or helped an electrician so I cannot really prove my experience.
Does anybody know how to start with it, shall I apply for a labour card first? I downloaded an application form but it is not very obvious for me where to start but I want one of this cards as I may get a job having one.
please advice

and currently I am unemployed :-(

When you apply they will give you an improver card only as you do not have an NVQ3 to get an electricians card.

By the way Part P is a building regulation not a qualification.

thats not true

nvq is for approved

i got sparks with out it

Sorry to disagree from JIB website
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JIB Grading Definitions - Electrician Grade[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Qualifications and Training[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Must satisfy the following three conditions:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1) Must have been a registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2) Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent) - see Note 1.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3) Must have obtained a pass in the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course or approved equivalent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note 1:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the applicant meets the other two criteria but has not achieved an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation, then a "Provisional" grading may be awarded if the following criteria are both satisfied:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]a) have obtained at least the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course Certificate (or approved equivalent).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]b) have obtained Achievement Measurement 2 or must be able, with the application for Grading and any other relevant supporting evidence (i.e. the City & Guilds Electricians' Certificate) which may be required, to satisfy the Grading Committee of his experience and suitability. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Duties[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Must be able to carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IEE Regulations for Electrical Installations, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.[/FONT]

yes i think we got our wires mixed up there

i was talking about to get approved you need the NVQ were they come on site and check your work etc

the level 3 electricial installation goes with out saying to get electricians grade

modernelectric you asked what qualifications i got

the normal stuff 2360 another one that the college let us do for free cant remember the number 16TH and 17TH edition

ONC in electricail and electronic engineering abit of the HNC some other C and G stuff now doing 2391

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi could someone help me please as i keep getting told different things by different people, would the following certs get me a jib electrician card
nvq level 2356
17th wiring regs
seven years on site experience with a reference.

thanks​

You should be alright with that, but the JIB play by their own rules.
They don't play by anyone else's rules, not even their own.

Reply to JIB CARD - how do I get one? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net