JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) jib card

Discuss jib card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hospital

Anyone know the address of the jib and what you need to send them,I have looked at various sites and it all seems a bit confusing,thanks,Pete.

[h=3]ECS Card team
(England, Wales and NI)[/h] Kingswood House
47/51 Sidcup Hill
Sidcup, Kent
DA14 6HP
Tel: 0844 847 5098

You will need to complete the form which is downloadable from their website, the address and payment details are on the form

you will need to send them the relevant qualifications for whatever grading that you are applying for, and im pretty sure the form has got to be countersigned by a authoritive person a bit like a passport, i got my contracts manager to sign mine

If you are self employed i have no idea on how you obtain one, the form will tell you or alternativly visit their website (ECS)

hope this helps

i cant join as my qualifications are no longer recognised oh the joys of being old and experienced

i now have 16th and 17th but but my original exams are no longer valued as it has to be nvq or some such
i mean i can do lead covered cable and a bit of wooden trunking if you require
where in the regs does it say i cant use wooden trunking as i need to get rid of my old stuff from the garage:D

Last edited by a moderator:
well that what i was told also i was told that another electrician had the same problem and took them to court and he won !!! but maybe i'm wrong i usually am

15th ,15thblooming heck when did that come out no one told meyou mean i cant run bare cables up in the attic anymore on those little ceramic things oh well. you'll be telling their going to get rid of the good old colours red and black soon

15th ,15thblooming heck when did that come out no one told meyou mean i cant run bare cables up in the attic anymore on those little ceramic things oh well. you'll be telling their going to get rid of the good old colours red and black soon
Yep not only the have the colours changed, but you're not allowed to use the water mains as an earth rod anymore.

Reply to jib card in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock