Discuss JIB ECS card grade.. question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Antonakis

Hi people

i got into the electrical game a little late compared to some people..

i completed my C&G 2330 level 2 & 3 ... and got myself a JIB ECS card but i had no previous experience so i got a laborer graded card..

i have now got myself 17th edition and a year and a half experience in the industry BUT HAVE NOT upgraded my JIB ECS card (as im starting my C&G 2391-2 course soon and do not want to pay to upgrade my card now and pay to upgrade it again later after the course)

my mate has C&G 2330 level 2 & 3 and 17th edition (0 years experience) and has got a Stage 1 electrician trainee card.

So my question is when i go to upgrade my JIB ECS card with my 17th edition and C&G 2391-2 (with 2 and a half years experience) what grade will i be with the qualifications i have ??

cheers in advance people

that question can only be answered by ECA/JIB.

that question can only be answered by ECA/JIB.

Looking online on their application is hard to tell what grade they would give you, I was hoping with that someone with the same or similiar qualifications would tell me the grade they was given..

That JIB/ECS lot don't even know themselves what grade to give out half the time, especially when it comes to migrant workers applying. Get a stamped piece of sweet wrapper telling them you come from eastern europe. State that you have been an electrician for years and you'll probably get a technicians graded card no fuss.

That JIB/ECS lot don't even know themselves what grade to give out half the time, especially when it comes to migrant workers applying. Get a stamped piece of sweet wrapper telling them you come from eastern europe. State that you have been an electrician for years and you'll probably get a technicians graded card no fuss.

Haha problem is I was born and raised in the UK

right this is a simple one your mate got a sponsor/ref off a jib electrician, that will get you a trainee grade, u need a nvq3 to get gold card, but the card you have a fine to get you site work, look on the jib website there is no improver card

Without the NVQ3 you won't get an electrician grade card full stop. You'll get site work with a trainee or labourers card though so it aint a major issue.

do you work on loads of JIB sites?

There not really JIB sites but to get on most, if not all of the sites these days, you have to have done some form of H & S qualification/training.....thats waht the ECS card is. You take the H & S test and if you pass, you apply for an ECS card, this tells the site foreman you have passed the relevant stuff and can safely work on site. It lasts about 2/3 years I think, then you need to renew.

Hi people

i got into the electrical game a little late compared to some people..

i completed my C&G 2330 level 2 & 3 ... and got myself a JIB ECS card but i had no previous experience so i got a laborer graded card..

i have now got myself 17th edition and a year and a half experience in the industry BUT HAVE NOT upgraded my JIB ECS card (as im starting my C&G 2391-2 course soon and do not want to pay to upgrade my card now and pay to upgrade it again later after the course)

my mate has C&G 2330 level 2 & 3 and 17th edition (0 years experience) and has got a Stage 1 electrician trainee card.

So my question is when i go to upgrade my JIB ECS card with my 17th edition and C&G 2391-2 (with 2 and a half years experience) what grade will i be with the qualifications i have ??

cheers in advance people

You will get Ancillary Operative card as they don't do the Adult Trainee/Senior Graded Electrical Trainee cards anymore unless you are directly employed by a JIB member company.

Does it REALLY matter what undergraduate card/ grade you have? If you want a sparks rate, you get the sparks (Gold) card. Anything less (improver, mate, labourer, whatever) is surely immaterial. The card gets you on site to work as a mate. You could probably skip the ECS and just get a CSCS card and do the same.

There is no wage difference between the undergraduate cards, so I don't really understand the question TBH.

Reply to JIB ECS card grade.. question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock