Discuss JIB/ECS Phone lines in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

I wanted to talk to someone about getting a ECS card
as the EMAIL system takes 5 days and that is if they BOTHER to reply

been hanging on the PHONE for a HOUR

££££££££££££££3 or naff off, is there any other thing than ECS
dose the Government pay a bit for their work because not getting VALUE for MONEY for SURE.

Dont understand why have a phone line or email when you dont use it
how much profite could they save by not paying for line rent or a email system

Of course they use them. My point is that they are probably severely understaffed for the level of queries which come in.

You've obviously never had to phone the tax credit folks lol seen me queuing for over an hour, and if you get a number direct to a department you think awesome. Until you discover it's 1 line and you just have to keep trying until it eventually rings. Then they stick you on hold and cut you off after a few minutes lol

i phoned other departments..that was my point that NO ONE is there to pick up phones.

Now if i had a Server that couldnt handle it.. i would have LEAVE your number and we will try and get back to you
what if 999 cut back because its a NON profile company
or lets Fake calls to boost our call rate..oh they have done that one

If it is NON profile and they cant manage it then they need to hand it over to someone who can
if there is a Lot of QUESTIONS as this site seems to show a LOT
then they cant keep up and need more help, there for need more Money to get the staff
also i see a lot of there pages are outdated, did read one still asking for 2391 and dosnt seem to know what a 2394/5 is. Should be on the ball and a head of it, in any job you do in LIFE.

http://www.jib.org.uk/frequently-asked-questions.aspx

[email protected]

To boot, the email for such help "Membership queries"

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
[email protected]
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely, It's a waste of time calling or emailing them. I hab the same problem about 2 months ago when I tried contacting them. I just sent the application in last week without getting an answer to my questions. I wait to see what the outcome of my application is.

If you bothered with the LINK you would see that was FAQ for the JIB with ECS in the corner
the EMAIL address was for ANY QUESTION that wasnt on the FAQ

But i understand the point that, i scan read a lot of the time and miss the whole point and a lot of side points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealing with the JIB is a ballache. I get the impression they're run like a public sector organisation or other such monopoly where you've got no other choice so they can make you wait and speak to you how they please; they don't even seem to be regulated by anyone. With the amount of time it takes them to send you a card or even answer the phone the staff they do have don't appear to be rushing around - I believe they call it a 'velvet coffin culture' where they've got a comfortable job for life.

Since a lot of people need one of their cards to earn a living I reckon they either need more regulation or some healthy competition. I've never been a sole trader but from what I've heard it's much less painful dealing with the likes of Napit or Elecsa.

Reply to JIB/ECS Phone lines in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net