JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) JIB gold card

Discuss JIB gold card in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

robbalaar86

morning lads just a quick question.

I sent off my ECS forms last week and was wondering if any of you that have done it received any confirmation of the forms being correct or if it just took around 4-6 weeks to process and you heard no more?

I guess im being a bit impatient but i like to know things have gone through.

Cheers in advance

Nope, no confirmation.
You can phone up and find out whether they have started processing it.
From what I have worked out, it will sit in a pile, until someone starts on it, once started it will be processed very quickly.

morning lads just a quick question.

I sent off my ECS forms last week and was wondering if any of you that have done it received any confirmation of the forms being correct or if it just took around 4-6 weeks to process and you heard no more?

I guess im being a bit impatient but i like to know things have gone through.

Cheers in advance
Yes I just got mine back actually last friday to be exact, I had to re-submit because the first form they gave me was wrong, they apologised but it was inconvenient, after sending back the other form they sent me it took 2 weeks to arrive, HTH

You can look online just type in ecs card status. And type in you NI number and your email and says application processing, accepted or dispatched

As Maddison said, it took just over a week from posting for mine to come through the other week.

I applied for my first card about 6 weeks ago. Mine took three weeks to arrive in the post. You can track your application via the ECS card tracker on the ECS website. Was chuffed when I got mine back with approved status.

I applied for my first card about 6 weeks ago. Mine took three weeks to arrive in the post. You can track your application via the ECS card tracker on the ECS website. Was chuffed when I got mine back with approved status.
Congrats, I remember when I got my approved, it was wonderful, well done M8

Hi guys back again.

Just a quick update for anyone interested.

Used the card tracker they received it Friday and updated to approved this morning. Fairly quick that in my eyes.

Thanks for all your responses :)

Well I hope so has my nvq 17th 2330 apprenticeship deeds and consumer electronics be disappointed if it wasn't :/

One of the few accreditations for ''Qualified'' electricians, that still actually means something in the industry from what i can see....

I took the CSCS exam recently to get my JIB card again, My last one ran out in 2001, it was hellish to get my new one, but worth the hassle, Mine says Technician on it, very proud of that fact, Approved status always meant something in our trade. To us that know these things the op has our respect, well done to him.

Hi i used the card tracker and it said approved but even then it still took about 3 weeks and about 8 phone calls. There useless sods

Reply to JIB gold card in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock