JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib grading

Discuss Jib grading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

wayneob

Hi this is my first post. I am just wondering what card I would get JIB wise, I have 236 pt1 and AM1, 236 pt2 (but missing the science exam) 17th edition, 2391 inspect and test and NVQ level 3, BPEC photovoltaic systems. Been working 20yrs as electrician and self employed 5yrs on a scam scheme and have the H&S cer . Where do I stand JIB wise? Thanks a lot wayne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look on the JIB website and if in doubt contact them direct.

Hi this is my first post. I am just wondering what card I would get JIB wise, I have 236 pt1 and AM1, 236 pt2 (but missing the science exam) 17th edition, 2391 inspect and test and NVQ level 3, BPEC photovoltaic systems. Been working 20yrs as electrician and self employed 5yrs on a scam scheme and have the H&S cer . Where do I stand JIB wise? Thanks a lot wayne.
No am2 then?

Approved I would say. but how did u get a part 2 with no science exam?!
Hi thanks for your replys I've got the acreditations I.e assignments practical tasks etc but I failed the science exam I was more interested in beer and women at the time! I also never did the am2 as I didn't feel I would pass due to mainly doing domestic work but just wondering where I stand now? Many thanks

Hi thanks for your replys I've got the acreditations I.e assignments practical tasks etc but I failed the science exam I was more interested in beer and women at the time! I also never did the am2 as I didn't feel I would pass due to mainly doing domestic work but just wondering where I stand now? Many thanks
Not sure about the rules regarding grading today, but early eighties until about 1994 without the AM2 you would never get approved creditation, today may be different, 17 days course, 500 quid scheme, pay the JIB a tanner for good measure and you may get engineer lol

Not sure about the rules regarding grading today, but early eighties until about 1994 without the AM2 you would never get approved creditation, today may be different, 17 days course, 500 quid scheme, pay the JIB a tanner for good measure and you may get engineer lol
lol I started college in 94, it just all seems confusing but I agree with the 3 line whip the JIB have, I will throw my quals on the table and see what they come back with! Thanks for the reply's

The am2 was needed before you was awarded the nvq3 (when I did it) so if you have the nvq3, i don't think they will look much further.

You will definatly get JIB Approved Grade with your quals and experience. Im JIB Approved grade with NVQ3, 17th & 2391 only.

I have NVQ3 and do not have AM2, it is part of the new 2357 but was not essential for 2356

I just get more and more confused with all these C&G numbers these days, it's about time they sorted themselves out and have a set of numbers that don't bloody change every 5 years or so.

Don't you mean ''Theory'', never heard it called ''Science exam ''before?

It maybe just my memory but i'm sure that Lv2 and the final Lv3 were taken together. EG, 1 year fundamental Lv1 exam was taken at the end of the first year, 2nd and 3rd year exam taken at the end of the course and included both years. I'm almost positive that i only received 2 certificates, 1st year Lv1 and final Lv2/Lv3 certificate. (No NVQ's or AM2 in those days, just weren't needed!!) It was an awful long time ago, so i'm not going to swear to it...lol!!

Don't you mean ''Theory'', never heard it called ''Science exam ''before?

It maybe just my memory but i'm sure that Lv2 and the final Lv3 were taken together. EG, 1 year fundamental Lv1 exam was taken at the end of the first year, 2nd and 3rd year exam taken at the end of the course and included both years. I'm almost positive that i only received 2 certificates, 1st year Lv1 and final Lv2/Lv3 certificate. (No NVQ's or AM2 in those days, just weren't needed!!) It was an awful long time ago, so i'm not going to swear to it...lol!!

I'm sure I have separate C&G electrical theory and science papers. I'll have a look through my certs. Or maybe that what the classes were called but the 2 subjects were divided.

Edit
Just found an old cv...

​​C&G - Electrical Science and Principles was the name.

Last edited:
It was essential for Apprentices to do AM2 as a unit of the NVQ.

What was wrong with 236 parts 1 and 2 , the C course afterwards , or 2391 , I don't know what any of these numbers are that are in use now ,

I have NVQ3 and do not have AM2, it is part of the new 2357 but was not essential for 2356

Why would colleges pay £800 for every apprentice if it was not essential ?, I also carried out the NVQ 3 whilst it was the 2356 and the AM2 was the last part of the syllabus in order to be issued with the NVQ.

Why would colleges pay £800 for every apprentice if it was not essential ?, I also carried out the NVQ 3 whilst it was the 2356 and the AM2 was the last part of the syllabus in order to be issued with the NVQ.

Nvq3 is part of 2357 which replaces 2356

I got shafted by jtl and told I had to do 2357 because they were paying and wouldnt let me sign up for 2356

Etc work for nowt

Reply to Jib grading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock