Discuss JIB new rules / how to fight with them ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kulak

Hello guys

Recently 2 of my friends have been to Sidcup to apply in person and to pay 230 pounds (!!!!!) to have in the same day the JIB card. Both of them are fully qualified ( 2391, 2391, 17 edition ) and a lot of experience as well. They received BOTH Electrical Labourer card ( ????!!!!! ) . What the hell is going on ? They tried to speak to them but nobody want to speak with them ??? In there were 4 ladies ( around 50-60 years old ) . One came later dressed look like she just came from "street", you know what i mean, also looks like she had a very busy night in pub. My friends been very upsets with their grades. I said to them to return the cards and to ask for refund, as is not fair to be treaten like this. We have to play every day with the death, we are all the time in danger to die, and they dont want to recognise our merits ! Shame on them ! Also i hold an Gold JIB card, witch is expired 1 month ago. Im afraid that they will give me now an basic card on the renewal. If this happend, i will send back to them CUTTED in xxxx pieces with many "thanks ". I have nothing to loose.

Wether we like it or not, the JIB grading requirements are what they are.

Their website lays out clearly what is needed for each grade, I expect your friends are without the infamous NVQ 3 which is why they only achieved a Labourer grading. Did you check this before you set out??

Joint Industry Board

Exceptions are made on occasion where an application is supported by an employers endorsement or for 'grandfather' rights.

Yes, they are without that infamous NVQ3. Still i think is not fair what they are doing.

Why is it unfair?It would be unfair if someone could waltz in with said qualifications and recieve electrician grade without doing the course while the rest of us have had to do it!

I've got a first aid qualification, I guess that makes me a doctor.

I think his total disrespect and rude comments about the JIB ladies (who I'm sure made the right decision) is disgusting.
With his attitude best he does not become an electrician, he'd get us all a bad name.
His English would let him down anyway.
Guess whether I feel sorry for him?

Last edited:
If they are playing with death whilst doing electrical work they must be a danger to themselves and others!

It won't let you get money out of a cash machine, and if you try, the machine will eat it.
Not too bad if the machine's outside a bank, and the bank's open.
You can get them to unlock the machine and get your card back.
If the bank's closed, or you're at a petrol station or supermarket, forget it.

I think his total disrespect and rude comments about the JIB ladies (who I'm sure made the right decision) is disgusting.
With his attitude best he does not become an electrician, he'd get us all a bad name.
His English would let him down anyway.
Guess whether I feel sorry for him?

Ha ha......should i feel sorry for those ladies ? NO. Instead of sleeping on the chairs at least can help you and can answer to our questions. We have to spend a lot of time in the school and a lot of money to do all the courses, and i thing we deserve some answers. I really dont know why you you are close to the ladies with your comments, is your problem. Also i thing you are disgusting with your comments. And just to let you know, im already an electrician. Also i dont think that to be an good electrician the english must be 100% perfect. I do speak 4 languages. If you dont fell sorry, is your problem. Any more comment from you welcome

Kulak, I am assuming that English is not your first language ( I am only saying this as it may be an explanation for a communication confusion) but please correct me if I am wrong. To address your point I think it needs to be understood that theoretical courses do not make an electrician ,although they are important they need to be combined with practical experience. Practical experience is required and that is demonstrated either through obtaining an NVQ 3 or by employer endorsement. This may be the reason for your friends not receiving the grading that they expected. I am sure that the "Ladies" were only following procedure... and on that point neither their gender nor the way they looked has any relevance.

Reply to JIB new rules / how to fight with them ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock