JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib rates

Discuss Jib rates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

guest119

Jib rates going up tomorrow, 06.02.14.
£14.86 for approved spark.
Why do we keep seeing ads for JIB sparks but at much lower rates?

Boydy

only jib registered companies have to pay the recommended wage.
the rest of us get £12 hr.
if your lucky.
if you can find work.

grim isnt it ? :-(

It's generally the agencies that do that annoys me big time are you jib have you got 17th 2391 ok start monday great what's the rate o £ 13 arrrrrrrrrrr

Have done loads of times over the years ended up arguing not a wise move they spot you and put you to the bottom of the pile they can make it very hard for you to get work if they take a dislike to you

Never been jib reg, no need I have always been paid the rate or more, it's what you can turn out that counts!!.

Personally I think every spark should have to be jib not saying it's the best but certanily a good bench mark company's and agencies would have to pay jib rates and it would stop the 5 week wonders just putting an advert in paper

Never been jib reg, no need I have always been paid the rate or more, it's what you can turn out that counts!!.

Same here but I think I have just been VERY lucky.

Going to apply for my tech status when my design cert comes through though.

Reply to Jib rates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock