JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) jib regrade help

Discuss jib regrade help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eagles

hi fellow sparks, i need some help here. i gained my gold electricians card when i was employed back in 2007,full apprenticeship since leaving school 2360 nvq 3 and all that. since then ive been self employed and gained 17th edition and 2391. i sent away for new card and its come back as a gold electrcian card, i was hoping for approved. contacted jib which they are saying because i gained 2391 when self employed i will need a sponsor. ive got aa few people who could do this for me but what does the detailed reference have to include. thanks

Hi Eagles,

you remember the references from doing NVQ3?? they want basically the same sort of thing.
i can confirm mr so & so has installed blah blah to BS7671 and tested it to 2391, i can confirm he worked here and there between these dates......

to get approved i got my cons manager to reference me, he is a civil engineer, they just needed the paperwork...

Did you ask them to re-grade you? Same thing happened to me new card arrived with 2391 on the back but the same grade.
When I phoned them up they said that you have to request to be 'regraded'.

i phoned them up before filling the forms in, i told them that i wanted to renew my card and be regraded which they told me what sections to fill in and write on the top of the form REGRADE which i did. then card came back with electrician. now they have sad to fill in sections 1, 2, 9, 10, 13 and pay another 18 quid.

Reply to jib regrade help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
I've got a 5 years experience along with.... 2365 l2 & l2 18th edition 2391 other stuff I won't bother listing. My question is since I'm...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Experienced Electrician, C&G 236 Parts 1 & 2, AM 1 & 2 18th Edition Am 2. (JIB Gold Card) I've been out of the trade for some time, but did a...
Replies
Views
Talking to an experienced spark this morning who is doing some work for me as i am too busy. He has nearly 35 years experience in the trade...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock