JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) JIB Renewal

Discuss JIB Renewal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stef

-
Reaction score
Evening girls and guys,

My quesion is when you get your card renewed, do you send certified ceritificate copies or just
standard photo copies. I had this three times that JIB insisted on certified copies. This meant going
to a solicitor who charged £15.- per copy. So, threecertificates, the card and the assessment adds up to
100 quid. Expensive piece of plastic.

Cheers and enjoy the footy.

I've never sent certified copies of anything to the JIB.
It's always just been normal photocopies, done on my all in one device.
You only need to send copies of new qualifications.

The convienience of having a card with your quals listed ,
Access to building sites , no questions asked.
Acknowledgement of your skills and experience from an independant authority.
Satisfaction of being in a club you cant buy your way or fast track into.
Being picked as first choice when appyling for agency work.
Guarranteed level of wages , holidays and travelling expenses when working for a
JIB registered company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to JIB Renewal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

D
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Another JIB/ECS card update
Seems you are now required to get your photo verified when applying for or renewing a card. Supposed to be a form you can download to get it...
Replies
Views
T
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) anyone tried calling the JIB about your new card
I have been trying for days to get though to find out where my card is. You get put in a clue 6/9 and sometimes it says we have a high level of...
Replies
Views
test electrical
T
V
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) To JIB or not to JIB
Hi folks. I'm just wondering if any of you can advise me on the JIB situation. Basically I worked as a mate for about 6 years before doing my 2330...
Replies
Views
Victorcrane
V
K
Hello guys Recently 2 of my friends have been to Sidcup to apply in person and to pay 230 pounds (!!!!!) to have in the same day the JIB card...
Replies
Views
Arnold Layne
A
M
HI all im a 27 year old sparks, have had own company for four years and have had a downturn in work, so having to look for jobs and call agencies...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock