Discuss Jo Cox MP in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll all join in paying our respects for Jo Cox MP who lost her life yesterday. I for one wouldn't wish to do their job, and grateful that some people are prepared to have a job in politics, and stand for a particular side. I have read on this forum how heated political debates can be, just goes to show how some people can take it, not withstanding in this case the perpetrator sounds somewhat deranged.

It would be interesting to read the media slant, if this guy had been a Muslim and shouted 'Allahu Akbar', before carrying out his disgusting and tragic deed.

A tragedy just been watching the news, seems the scumbag who murdered her was some sort of Neo ----, bring back hanging I say, he will probably get banged up in some holiday camp for nutters.

A tragedy just been watching the news, seems the scumbag who murdered her was some sort of Neo ----, bring back hanging I say, he will probably get banged up in some holiday camp for nutters.

With modern technology you'd expect that offenders these days are most likely to be actually guilty when finally charged with a crime, so there is a better argument for capital punishment. However the justice system is not 100% fail proof and mistakes are made so lives "could" be taken unjustly if it was reinstated as punishment.

That said, I agree This nutter should be severely punished (by death) for such a brutal crime!

By all accounts Jo Cox was a very decent young lady, her loss is a tragedy!

R.I.P Jo

It would be interesting to read the media slant, if this guy had been a Muslim and shouted 'Allahu Akbar', before carrying out his disgusting and tragic deed.

In fairness something similar happened in the leystone tube station attack last december. A somali tried to stab random people (remember the you ain't no muslim bruv). There was a flash of hysteria then the mans father and brother came out and said he was mentally ill. They tried to have him sectioned a month before the attack. The publicity of the case almost evaporated overnight. He was more mad than bad. He has been tried and convicted of attempted murder but he is being held in broadmoor and awaits sentencing on the 27th of july.

Jo Cox was the ideal MP.

Local person, had lived in the constituency all her life, and knew many of her constituents.

Let's hope her replacement has a similar profile.

My thoughts are with her husband and children. RIP

In fairness something similar happened in the leystone tube station attack last december. A somali tried to stab random people (remember the you ain't no muslim bruv). There was a flash of hysteria then the mans father and brother came out and said he was mentally ill. They tried to have him sectioned a month before the attack. The publicity of the case almost evaporated overnight. He was more mad than bad. He has been tried and convicted of attempted murder but he is being held in broadmoor and awaits sentencing on the 27th of july.
Yes I recall the incident, only just been to court, but if it had been similar here, it would have gone completely viral.
There is a unit in the Met, FTAC (wiki) that tries to identify and get help for such deranged people. In most of the cases where these individuals have carried out such an act, they have communicated they intentions in some way beforehand. But they don't all get caught in the net, just like the guy in Orlando.

PS: not that the Met cover Florida!

Last edited:

Reply to Jo Cox MP in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock