Discuss job cuts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
got a letter last week to tell me the firm need to make redundancies:mad:
have a one 2 one this week and find out on friday who has got to go
we dont know how many have to go so its hard to guess who is safe
its horrible the waiting and not knowing

got a letter last week to tell me the firm need to make redundancies:mad:
have a one 2 one this week and find out on friday who has got to go
we dont know how many have to go so its hard to guess who is safe
its horrible the waiting and not knowing

Sorry to hear your news:(

I am a Moderator on a BMW forum and we have seen a number of threads about members losing their jobs and the most disturbing thing about it is they are all from different sectors.

I also lost my full time job in May and I have been struggling ever since to gain any more than relief work. I am a Telescopic Forklift Operator and Slinger/Signaller and I have only just received my longest stretch of work - 11 days:eek:

I hope you are not one of the unlucky ones:)

its rubbish i know, i'm guttted for you. i got laid off on the day the missus was due to give birth 3 years ago. the bloke didnt care at, he just said "sorry mate don't need you" caused a right flap at the time. just keep in mind it will get better at some point

got my fingers crossed been there 19 yrs man and boy joint longest of the team
and one of only 6 with 2391 (out of 14)
everyone is guessing there maybe 4ish to go but we dont know
will let you all know when i do

thanks mark

Best thing that ever happened to me was getting laid off.

Forced me to up my game I think I have learnt more in the last year or so since going self employed than I

ever did . Of course its hard at times sitting at home with no work but swings and roundabouts I get time

with my youngest thats what counts at the end of the day.

If you have been there 19 years thats one redundancy package they are unlikely to want to pay.

ps telling blokes they are gonna be laid off then going out on the razz with the chrimbo do

IS not a good idea make sure your not standing near the bosses as someone is likely to cop it

good for you but feel for the unlucky ones.firms todaycdo not seem to have an ounce of compassion.one true story from earlier this year was when i was speaking to a friend who owns a hair salon.we discussed the deepening recession and knowing that he employed 6 staff i asked him if he would have to lay any off,quick as a flash he said no i will just make less profit for a while i have invested to much time and money training them. how refreshing

Glad you ok m8 ! ive been made redundant a few times onece at christmas and onece 2 days before we went on holiday ! its crap when that happens but when your down you can only get up ! done all i could and ended up with 6 cleaning jobs but needs must ! what makes me sick is when i had to sign on they said i was entitled to some help with mortgage and money but after 2 mths of signing on they came to a conclusion that as my wife had a cleaning job and earning 100 per week and the law said were entitled to 97 a week sorry but its tuff luck your not entitled to any help ! what a joke ! we have paid in thousands and thousands into the system and if you ever need help short term (first time since leaving school now im 41) they dont want to know unless im one of these get up at 3pm people who never done a days work and get everything free when they encorage it by throwing money at them. Makes you sick.
Glad your ok m8 anyway.

Reply to job cuts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net