Discuss job interview in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well, had my interview and felt it went really well. It was quite informal and more just a chat about me, what I'd done in my career and the job in general. That was Tuesday. Thought I'd have heard one way or t'other by close of play today but alas no. A weekend with my mind racing awaits!

The job sounds great, fingers crossed I get the news I'm looking for as I'm excited to start.

Good luck with the chance of the job.
I hope that you have impressed them enough.
A delay in response may mean that they have had to do interviews over a period of time and then make a decision. So the last interview may have been yesterday.
Generally if they feel that you are unsuitable they can respond quickly.
It is also possible that you are the second choice and they are awaiting a response from the first choice to see if they want the job and if not to offer it to you.
Not wishing to provide negativity.
Turn your mind away from the job for a while an concentrate on other things.

Did you ask how many more they were interviewing and when you would be likely to hear? If it's a big company with HR involvement that can delay things. We also had to get sign off for the candidate we wanted to offer to as well as the salary offer which can also add an extra day or two. As already mentioned, if you were the first you'll have a longer wait.

Good luck with the chance of the job.
I hope that you have impressed them enough.
A delay in response may mean that they have had to do interviews over a period of time and then make a decision. So the last interview may have been yesterday.
Generally if they feel that you are unsuitable they can respond quickly.
It is also possible that you are the second choice and they are awaiting a response from the first choice to see if they want the job and if not to offer it to you.
Not wishing to provide negativity.
Turn your mind away from the job for a while an concentrate on other things.
Did you ask how many more they were interviewing and when you would be likely to hear? If it's a big company with HR involvement that can delay things. We also had to get sign off for the candidate we wanted to offer to as well as the salary offer which can also add an extra day or two. As already mentioned, if you were the first you'll have a longer wait.
Yeah, it's a recruitment drive through an agency. The fella from the recruitment agency said that the company's HR were pretty snowed under as they were growing the electrical department of the company so I'm not worried just impatient to have confirmation! The boy who interviewed me pretty much said I had everything they were looking for but it had to be processed through HR and then passed back to the recruitment agency.

I'll not stop thinking about it until I get the nod though:D

Yep,well done. Update ,as to result,appreciated.

Get settled,and let us know what type of kit they have,jobs on the go,etc...some of us,don't have an X-box :)

Reply to job interview in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net