Discuss Jobs Alert in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have just seen an advert on the Directgov jobs search.

Jobs and Skills searchJob detailsBackThese are the details of the job selectedELECTRICIANVacancy fromJobcentre PlusJob No:BUR/66545SOC Code:5241Wage£7-£8 PER HOURHours40 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY-FRIDAY, BETWEEN 8AM-5PMLocationBURY, LANCASHIRE BL9DurationPermanentDate posted15 December 2011Pension detailsNo details heldDescriptionMust be fully time served electrician. Must have full driving licence and own transport as will be required to drive as part of duties. Duties will involve carrying out electrical installations in domestic properties within a 25 mile radius of the Bury area. Must be prepared to complete a month trial at national minimum wage.How to applyYou can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Lynn Hall at Rent A Property Ltd, [email protected] A Property LtdAdditional information If you are looking for work, Tax Credits could top up your earningsThis vacancy meets the requirements of the National Minimum Wage ActIf you are unable to apply for the job advertised by the method displayed, due to a health condition or disability, please contact Jobcentre Plus for further assistance.For more information about tax credits, visit the HM Revenue and Customs websiteTo find out how to get to this location go toTransport DirectDate produced: 12 January 2012To print this, use your bJobs and Skills searchJob detailsBackThese are the details of the job selectedELECTRICIANVacancy fromJobcentre PlusJob No:BUR/66545SOC Code:5241Wage£7-£8 PER HOURHours40 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY-FRIDAY, BETWEEN 8AM-5PMLocationBURY, LANCASHIRE BL9DurationPermanentDate posted15 December 2011Pension detailsNo details heldDescriptionMust be fully time served electrician. Must have full driving licence and own transport as will be required to drive as part of duties. Duties will involve carrying out electrical installations in domestic properties within a 25 mile radius of the Bury area. Must be prepared to complete a month trial at national minimum wage.How to applyYou can applyrowser's print button

I've sent them an e-mail,and told them i will work for a bowl of rice per day.
You don't think i'm selling myself short, do you?

I like the phrase " fully time served electrician" I wonder what they mean by that??? So they want a "qualified electrician" to work for 1 month on the National minimum wage and then they may pay him £ 8.00 per hour, have I understood this correctly? Maybe there is a generous mileage allowance and a gold plated pension !!!

Thanks for your replys guys n girls.
the point of my post is that we are being dumded down.
I am a leccy man, no gold plated pension to look forward to,but the govererment pay roll will carry on as we suffer... wish A'd become a (well I was going to say nurse,GOOD ON EM,) but a civil service job will do me in my next life.

Let's face it lads. At least we have some quals needed to trade others like roofers, joiners, plumbers have no governing bodies to stop cowboys working

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how much Lynn Hall gets paid I bet it's a lot more than £8/hr

I wonder how many do the months trial then get the push and another is trialled so they get their electrics done really cheap

Is this what some employers think an electrician is really worth £8/hr and tax credits?

I understand the sentiment leckyant but you are a whole lot more useful to society than a large number of Civil Servants and you are a skilled craftsman ....highspark is right.

good luck to em i say...by god they`l need it n all......oh i`m sure the`l get someone going for this....boy are they in for a shock...the employers ..lol.......well pay crap..get crap..hmm.........

Hmm work for a month at National Minimum Wage first. Reading between the lines, i'd say that's more like: Slog your guts out for us for a month earning less than a pittance, then at the end of it we'll use some lame excuse to get rid of you & then find another Schmuck for next month.

Or of course I may just be being Cynical:lol:.

Reply to Jobs Alert in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net