Discuss Jobs in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

dont know about the job situation as im self employed , but work is very slow for me at the min, few estimates out and a couple of rewires to do but nothing major, a day her and there im saving up but am just ticking over at the min, just have to see if things improve going forward through the year, well have to see if the conservative government ( like it or not this is what we will prob have come may) will help out small businesses and start getting things moving in the housing market, I dont want to get all political but at least the torys through the faults encouraged people who wanted to make money and get off their --- and work, labour seem to want to provide for the walfare state and penalise the hard working people, we now live in an 'entitlement' society where people beleive they are entitled to money for nothing, hence the swarms of migrants looking at the free NHS and amazing walfare system
it must seem like the land of milk and honey to a lot of these eastern europians
and then there are the generations of spongers living in estates up and down this country who have never done a days work and yet have the flatscreen tvs, cars, consoles and designer gear, all on you and me the tax payer.
this country is ******
if I didnt have kids and mortgage id have left a long time ago for sunnier climes
sorry rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
very slow here aswell know what you mean loyd i work yet i see people who dont work and financially better off than me me an my missus lost our home when my lady lost her job when she fell pregnant becuase i work we wasnt given any help it stinks

Hi
I have to agree country is ***** to many people in the country i cannot even get the smallest job, well after the elections if things don't change my wife and i will leave the country for good.

Where is the JIB & UNION when you need them what SCUM. I have been self employed for years.

Thanks

Marks

Hi
I have to agree country is ***** to many people in the country i cannot even get the smallest job, well after the elections if things don't change my wife and i will leave the country for good.

Where is the JIB & UNION when you need them what SCUM. I have been self employed for years.

Thanks

Marks

Yeah, always about when times are good, but never when you really need to rely on them.

May be 6 jobs at my place, Facilities Engineers

6 / 8 of us under formal investigation for falsifying documentation..! :rolleyes::eek:

i.e we signed of weekly PPM tasked on equipment that has not been running in past 3 months with out looking at it and management got the hump. oh well win some lose some! lol

way i see it is they cant finish us as they will be up the creek with out a paddle, plus dont look good on management when HR ask why 6/8 are getting booted! ;):rolleyes:

Hi
I have stopped going for interviews into London, my approach now is give me a weeks trial if you don't like me PUMP ME! Like the old days.

I have been to two companies now and been offered cash in hand for a weeks works this is wrong.

Thanks

Neil

Good luck Dave, and good luck Steve as well. Wherever 'management' is concerned, you'll need it.

Mark - union? What's the point. To paraphrase the popular song - 'you won't catch me being part of the union' - been burned once, twice and thrice. Sod 'em.

Lloyd, couldn't agree more, but I will interject there are a hell of a lot of British people who are happy do do eff all and let us subsidise them.

And to the initial question: poor.

Foreign workers are creating massive problems, they do not understand part p...I was asked tonight for 6 landlord reports on ...he (the landlord had been quoted £200 for 6 properties) No problem, I can't beat it let them do it. He said just write them out, you don't need to visit each property...Oh dear, come to think of it I don't understand part p...but the government understand the bent coffers and jobs for boys...completely bent

As for work, can't compete legally...cash in hand for mrs blah's outside light, done correctly...but only get the job because mrs blah 65+ year old don't trust foreigners. I can't say that on tv or the media otherwise i'm an out and out racist...But I am not of course, its a free market.

Of course that is not always true, some wealthy/savvy customers know what to expect, but getting new customers is almost impossible

Migrant 'workers' are causing massive problems around here too. I'm seeing more and more laughable jobs done by Mr Zweikizeksky. What I don't understand is that our Polski cousins have quickly become the butt of jokes on TV shows etc, and have built a terrible reputation for themselves. This is common knowledge, so why are people still hiring these jokers? To be honest, as a customer, the first couple of extra 'Z's I saw on the name on the advert, or at the first hint of an Eastern European accent, I'd be running a mile. But people keep on hiring them. 'Ooh, they're cheap, they're universally regarded as rubbish, but they are working for me, so they will do a great job...' Wattsup is absolutely right, when you are competing against people who are working illegally AND doing a shoddy job, and you want to do a good job and work legally, well, something gotta give, and unfortunately for Mr Darling I'm not prepared to do a rubbish job in order to cough up for him.

Guy next door to me is a Polish plumber, and I really want to move because I don't want to become associated with him (also the whole family there make loads of noise and are generally obnoxious and unfriendly).

Aaaanyway, the point I was making though, was that even if they all went back to their respective countries, there are so many dole scrounging lazy sods in this country they wouldn't take over the jobs that the migrant workers left behind.

EDIT: Mark I can't see the job on that link, it just goes to the directgov site.

Good luck Dave, and good luck Steve as well. Wherever 'management' is concerned, you'll need it.

Mark - union? What's the point. To paraphrase the popular song - 'you won't catch me being part of the union' - been burned once, twice and thrice. Sod 'em.

Lloyd, couldn't agree more, but I will interject there are a hell of a lot of British people who are happy do do eff all and let us subsidise them.

And to the initial question: poor.

I agree thats why there are uk born spongers up and down the country doing nothing, if you work or attempt to work you get no help when the **** hits the fan

my work dried up for a few weeks last year, the mrs at that time went onto maternity pay (that is a complete joke in itself 100 quid a week!!???? WTF ) so her wage basically halved
the bills didnt stop and we got NO help , as she was technically still employed and so was I

If we were both on incapacity for some imaginary back problem we'd get a blue badge for the car (park anywhere) and CT paid help with rent and lots of benefits especially as we have kids

I HATE this country

I am not racist , ITS NOT ABOUT RACE ITS SIMPLY ABOUT SPACE
we dont have any more space in this country for the already creaking public sector, why do you think council tax costs so much and taxes are high it all has to be paid for somehow? there are just too many people living here
There is only so far people can be squeezed both mentally and financially before something snaps
I just hope it doesnt come to it

Hi
Found a nice little job today on the job center plus website

Directgov jobs and skills search - Job details

They must be on DRUGS

Vacancy from

Job No:

CRY/68844

Wage

£6.00 - £8.00 PER HOUR

Hours

40 PER WEEK, MONDAY TO SATURDAY, 8AM - 6 PM

CROYDON, SURREY CR0

Duration

Permanent

Date posted

08 April 2010

Pension details

Pension available

Description

Must have 16th Edition qualification and Fire Alarm experience. Previous experience and relevant qualifications are essential. Driving licence essential. Own tools are preferred but not essential. New project involves the complete makeover of houses and flats. Duties include first and second fix for electrical components for rooms, kitchens and communal. areas, checking for faults, rewiring and any other related tasks as required.

How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 011111 111111 and asking for Alphonce Maduhu.

Employer

Metropolitan Resources Ltd

Printer friendly

£6.00 to £8.00 per hour for 16th edition sparks that sucks.

Why are the not advertising for 17th edition qualified guys?

They are probably part of HR for the company and actually have no idea what their own job spec should be there just going on an old application. I like the contact number though which is slightly strange:confused:

Reply to Jobs in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net