• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Just found out Ive passed my AM2 exam! Any ideas what to do next? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RyanF

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the thread subject says I have passed my am2 1st time around with a resit on one section so buzzing is a understatement!! To now know I am no longer an apprentice an a competent electrician is mint. If anyone wants any help or has any questions with the am2 exam then drop me a message ill happily help.

I just want to know now I have got my am2 certificate, nvq 2357 level 3 diploma
In electrical installations city and guilds 2365 level 2 and level 3 diploma in electrical installations. I understand I need by bs7671 course to do yet, which I will complete after the new 18th edition comes into play.

I just want to know if anyone had any ideas or suggestions to what to do next with the steps in my career and what industry to look for what additional courses to do etc?

Also to add I currently work in a domestic industry with a small electrical company as in self employed company.

Any help/ideas or guidance will be great

Cheers everyone!

Well done Ryan. If I was you I would now look at doing your 2391 as this would make you eligible to apply for an approved electricians card rather than an installation electricians card.

The 2391 is the inspection and testing course I believe... I am thinking of doing that at some point just need some suggestions on the cost for it and stuff like that. So can I apply for my JIB card now? Or should I hold it off until I do the additional courses?

Well done Ryan! Six months into my first year as an apprentice myself. Maybe try and get a job with a larger company? One that does some commercial, as well as domestic?

Reply to Just found out Ive passed my AM2 exam! Any ideas what to do next? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back