Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Just gone self employed... in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MrPupsi

MrPupsi EF Member

Business Name:
    Live Electrical Services
    Hi all, been on my own for about 5 months now and working all around the M25 area, based in Berkshire.

Joined up as there is a well of knowledge here and every now then I have a few questions!

• Like Like x 1
  2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

welcome .S/CHICK will send the flowers & chocolates by bike .wait on the corner. if the hard centre are missing you know who to blame .

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Baddegg

Baddegg Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x Electrician's Arms

Ha ha ha that ticked me buzz ha ha ha
    Fella plucked up courage to jump in and that the first response he gets!

4. MFS Electrical

MFS Electrical Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Welcome to the forum mate.

5. PEG

PEG Forum Mentor

Hi bud and welcome...to the forum and to the wonderful world of SE...don't forget to explain to strangers,when they ask,your trade first,and the fact you are self-employed,after...:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

Good luck. Been thinking about it make fit havnt made the plunge hope it goes well

7. PEG

PEG Forum Mentor

I was thinking the other day,just what a curious novelty the SE route has become...the risks and the myther,which have increased over the years,making it further from the norm.

When i was a kid,in any pub,the cross section of working men,would be 50/50 career cards-in lads,with mainly,larger employers,and SE lads,either on their own,or in small teams of similar.

If you now end up talking with a group of well paid,PAYE individuals,they nod and stare,with incredulity,as you try to describe what you do,and how it works...

On occasion,4 or 5 questions in,i feel it would be easier for them to accept and understand,if i just told them i was part way through transitioning to me new gender...:)