Discuss Just had a call from an old customer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Cat

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Phone call tonight from an old customer i rewired her house about 10 years ago:-
Her, a light bulb blew and now i have no lights upstairs.
Me, Yes you will need to flip up the trip in your fuse box.
Her, i remember you telling me about that, what am i supposed to do?
Me, go to the fuse box and flip up the trip, i will wait while you do it.
Her, where is the fuse box?
Me, next to the meter.
Her, OK 3 mins later, someone has covered it up.
Me, what do you mean?
Her, there is a clear plastic thing in front of the trips.
Me, yes, just lift it up, it will either hinge down or up.
Her, OK i will check
Her, 3 mins later, no still can't lift it but my hands are wet, should i use a screwdriver to force it?
Me, no wait until your hands are dry and try again.
Her, OK if you don't hear from me iv'e sorted it.

FFS
Don't you just love them!

and a bag of peanuts has the warning " caution. this product may contain nuts".

and a bag of peanuts has the warning " caution. this product may contain nuts".

Funny you say that as I always wondered why strange products un-related to nuts have it but I was talking to the owner of a factory who packs food and the regulation is if any factory that deals with the product has to say this incase one gets dropped in to the food but also some machines can use nut oil which could drip into the food but still falls into the reg.

Phone call tonight from an old customer i rewired her house about 10 years ago:-
Her, a light bulb blew and now i have no lights upstairs.
Me, Yes you will need to flip up the trip in your fuse box.
Her, i remember you telling me about that, what am i supposed to do?
Me, go to the fuse box and flip up the trip, i will wait while you do it.
Her, where is the fuse box?
Me, next to the meter.
Her, OK 3 mins later, someone has covered it up.
Me, what do you mean?
Her, there is a clear plastic thing in front of the trips.
Me, yes, just lift it up, it will either hinge down or up.
Her, OK i will check
Her, 3 mins later, no still can't lift it but my hands are wet, should i use a screwdriver to force it?
Me, no wait until your hands are dry and try again.
Her, OK if you don't hear from me iv'e sorted it.

FFS
Don't you just love them!

Amazing after ten years you could still remember where the CU was. It must be all the omegas in the fish that helps you to remember that sort of stuff TC!!!!!

Reply to Just had a call from an old customer! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net