Discuss Just had to post this! Western power replace main fuse twice and it popped both times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I get my Indian takeaway not from a restaurant but from a small unit on an industrial estate. I have seen into the kitchen and it looks minging with filthy cardboard boxes on the floor and "chefs" looking like tramps, great food though but I have never been one to worry about hygeine certificates and all that nonsense.

No messing about with the Chinese always pay in cash don't do banks ,. Know my mate used to rob them for a living . A little note to take away owners don't have your lucky charms hanging in your car as mate will spot when your there or out and don't leave your taking in shoe boxes in the back bedroom .

No messing about with the Chinese always pay in cash don't do banks ,. Know my mate used to rob them for a living . A little note to take away owners don't have your lucky charms hanging in your car as mate will spot when your there or out and don't leave your taking in shoe boxes in the back bedroom .

...A strange post,not re-affirming the stalwart reputation of your standard scouser...;)

I would suggest some 'British' restaurants aren't much better. I once involved in pub renovation. Quite a posh place it was. I was told to disconnect the main kitchen extract fan. I couldn't find it, till I was shown the large black blob on the wall about 3 feet across on the wall. The drinking water was supplied from open lead lined tanks in the loft, which when dismantled had two decaying pigeons floating in them. Still the rats kept the mouse infestation to manageable levels. :)

It takes a lot of skill to line a tank with lead, especially a large one.

Tanks and cisterns are not too bad,even temperature,standard lead burning,fillets and red lead putty.

Lining a long box gutter is trickier,where fillets,geo-cloth and a mil per meter expansion/contraction makes design important.

As i drive about,i see valleys,roll-mops,flashings and roof detailing,all vandalised with flash-band,plastic and silicone...very sad :(

It takes a lot of skill to line a tank with lead, especially a large one.

You may or may not be interested; inside the lead lined tanks, were glass baubles mounted on thin metal rods which in turn were attached to a heavy metal base. Inside each bauble was a silver coloured liquid which we thought was mercury.

We could only assume, that the baubles were designed to stop a scum forming on the water in the tank? Should of taken a picture, but this was circa 1977 :)

The site Forman had visited the pub/restaurant, just before it was closed. Posh types were sat at the bar, having their single malt whiskeys topped up with water from the tanks (no feathers hopefully) :eek:

You may or may not be interested; inside the lead lined tanks, were glass baubles mounted on thin metal rods which in turn were attached to a heavy metal base. Inside each bauble was a silver coloured liquid which we thought was mercury.

We could only assume, that the baubles were designed to stop a scum forming on the water in the tank? Should of taken a picture, but this was circa 1977 :)

The site Forman had visited the pub/restaurant, just before it was closed. Posh types were sat at the bar, having their single malt whiskeys topped up with water from the tanks (no feathers hopefully) :eek:

Sounds like maybe some form of level indicator?
Some of the older,storage tanks,in mills,etc,could be found with miniature rafts,secured to small duck-board type planks,that pivoted on the edge.
These had a dual purpose,they acted as an obvious,visual indicator of the water level,from a distance,and also allowed any creature that fell in alive,the opportunity to exit,thus reducing a build up of dead insects,pigeons,rats,etc.

Must have been a hoot,at Whit break,for the caulkers to be hammering away to ensure dry looms :(:(

Reply to Just had to post this! Western power replace main fuse twice and it popped both times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock