Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Just some technical information in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Zahid Nawab

Zahid Nawab New EF Member

Business Name:
    Electrical solutions
    Hello to you all.

I have some needed input of a solar setup since im not too savvy with installing any.
    My question is regarding the consumer unit side and how the solar is connected within the consumer unit. I have come across installs in the past but not taken much notice on the connection side as it was not my type of thing.
    Being said, please can someone give me some input starting from the meter IE generated electric back out to the supply. Thank you in advance

2. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - have you read up on Part 7 section 712 ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Top Cat

Top Cat Electrician's Arms

That's pages 288 - 292.

4. PEG

PEG Respected Member

Hi,is it principles,or specifics,you are requesting?

5. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

Not sure if this helps you but The AC side is connected like a load and is considered one as far as BS7671 is concerned. It is therefore in parallel with the supply and just back feeds when it is generating.

6. Zahid Nawab

Zahid Nawab New EF Member

Business Name:
    Electrical solutions
    Thank you all for your replies, just to be abit more specific, my questions is basically from the AC isolator, when it enters the consumer unit, how is it connected? Does it go into a fuse the same was other circuits are connected like the way tj Anderson mentioned in his reply or somewhere else?. My second issue is the small meters that look like fuses that are located in the consumer unit, how does it work and how is it connected in sync. I would really appreciate if you could be as detailed as possible starting from the AC isolator, entering the consumer unit. Thank you for your time. My apologies for the late reply

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 at 1:23 AM