Discuss Kitchen Circuits - design loadings. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jase31

Looking at a kitchen design. Long galley kitchen with units both sides, which I feel suits a radial layout. With one radial down each side, plus cooker.

Just not yet decided, on the design loadings. Someone will want to plug in a 2kw microwave/combi oven, and a kettle somewhere, probably when toaster is on whilst doing the washing, and with the dryer on!!

How would others run/split this. Do you think 2x 20a radials are sufficient (most kitchens are on a single 32a RFC), or run in 32a radials. Alternatively, run 3x 20a radials, and supply the white goods on a 20a, and leave a A3 for sockets (microwave, kettle etc)

Any thoughts?

Kitchen Right Side,

Tumble Dryer
Fridge Freezer,
2x double sockets.

Kitchen Left Side,

Washing Machine
Dishwasher
Cooker Hood
3x Double Sockets

32a circuit for hob & oven

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always be an advocate of as many circuits as possible in a kitchen finance withstanding.

Personally general sockets could easily be an A3 radial with white goods either on individual circuits or a couple of A2 radials.

I think I would go with a 32A radial white goods and a 20A radial sockets down the left side and a 32A radial down the right plus cooker radial, if the customer will allow this.
As a minimum, just because I do not like 20A radials (as I feel it limits things too much) I would run two 32A radials plus cooker.

Reply to Kitchen Circuits - design loadings. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Currently planning a new rewire for my kitchen and want to get things right first time when it comes to appliances consumptions and circuits...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I'm designing my new kitchen and trying to plan where things will go. I currently have a 6 switch panel for the appliances (hob...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hello Electrical world. Looking for thoughts and opinions. Currently planning out my kitchen re-wire for new kitchen. I was originally...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock