Discuss Kitchen cupboard plug inserts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When i put a socket inside a kitchen cupboard i usually drill a 55mm hole next to it with a holesaw for the plug to go through from the appliance

well I see today a kitchen fitter using an plastic insert that you push into the hole that you drill out for the plug and it has a nice lid on it with a cable holder

looks very professional and i wanted to get hold of some for my future installs, any body know what im going on about, what they are actually called and where i can get some from???

many thanks

When i put a socket inside a kitchen cupboard i usually drill a 55mm hole next to it with a holesaw for the plug to go through from the appliance

well I see today a kitchen fitter using an plastic insert that you push into the hole that you drill out for the plug and it has a nice lid on it with a cable holder

looks very professional and i wanted to get hold of some for my future installs, any body know what im going on about, what they are actually called and where i can get some from???

many thanks

I get scared when these words are used together :tongue:

and cruel. makes the mice take the long route to the biscuits.

I had mice living in the top of my washing machine years ago. Only realised when the door seal leaked and I pulled the thing out to see a pile of coloured bits on the floor.
The cat used to bring them in, then lose them. Guess they found a cozy home :)

I thought you couldn't put sockets in cupboards any more, Sockets for all under worktop appliances to be switched via spur-point. Saves any unauthorised persons getting involved with electrics if kitchen cupboards get removed.
Councils electricians round this way use those Desk Cable Tidy Grommet BLACK WHITE BROWN GREY 80mm | eBay though actual kitchen worktops! Thats to save putting in spur points!

I thought you couldn't put sockets in cupboards any more, Sockets for all under worktop appliances to be switched via spur-point. Saves any unauthorised persons getting involved with electrics if kitchen cupboards get removed.
Councils electricians round this way use those Desk Cable Tidy Grommet BLACK WHITE BROWN GREY 80mm | eBay though actual kitchen worktops! Thats to save putting in spur points!

No quite the opposie actually the reg(cant recall exact no. Off the top of my head) has been slightly re-written in the 17th regs which allows sockets in cupboards

i personally much favour it, theres no problem at all with it from my view as long as common sense is applied

it also looks much neater than loads of switched spurs all over the place

Reply to Kitchen cupboard plug inserts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock