Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Kitchen LED Upgrade in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Squid_uk

Squid_uk Active EF Member

Hi guys!

Currently in the middle of completely replacing my kitchen (hasnt been done since the 70's) and at the same time whilst I have the walls exposed I have also re wired.

I am looking at installing the 15mm ish recessed LED lighting in the plinths and also some LED ribbon under the pelmets and on top of the units. Was wondering if there were any particular manufacturers you guys would recommend from past experience of installations?

2. bmines67

bmines67 Regular EF Member

I can recommend Ansell Cobra for the Strip Lighting. Never had any problems with it and been installing it for about 3 years now. Also its plug and play so its very easy installed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

The 3M LED strip does have a tendency to come unstuck in a steamy area of a kitchen IMO. There is some aluminium extrusion, out there, available to put it in. Ansell also sell their range of Axiom LED linear plug and play rigid strip, which gives out quite good light, there are others.

4. vjsmarwick

vjsmarwick Regular EF Member

I have had problems with the plugs on the end of ribbon LED we had from Aroura was a real pain to get a decent connection !